Author Topic: Richard THORNE & Mary GILL Abt 1762 Marriage look up please.  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Richard THORNE & Mary GILL Abt 1762 Marriage look up please.
« on: Saturday 02 January 10 17:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Could someone be so kind to do me a look up if you happen to be popping into Highbray,  please.  My ancestors were born about 1740 and married about 1762,  Richard may have been a farmer as his son John use to be a Farmer at East & West Yard Highbray.    Richard & Gill had at least 6 children,  Joan, Mary, John, Richard, Jacob and William.  I've searched what I can on the internet but with no luck.   Thank you for any assistance with this branch.  Happy New Year.

Offline DOB7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • SQUANCE family motto - Be wise and keep quiet
    • View Profile
Re: Richard THORNE & Mary GILL Abt 1762 Marriage look up please.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 January 10 14:11 GMT (UK) »
If you go to http://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/DEV/HighBray/index.html you will see that there is an OPC for High Bray who offers free look-ups from her fiche of PRs. (The records are held at the Devon Record Office, not at the Church itself). Scroll down to 'Genealogy' and click on the link.
Alternatively, if the marriage did not take place at High Bray, the Devon FHS has marriage indices available by surname for all of Devon 1754-1837. I would suggest asking for THORN* to allow fo spelling variants. The spouses name will be included. Go to http://www.devonfhs.org.uk/ and click on indexes for details.
Squance, Lillicrap, Dankester, Surtees, Yates

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Richard THORNE & Mary GILL Abt 1762 Marriage look up please.
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 January 10 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch,  I have now written to the Lady in question and I am just waiting on a reply,  I am still looking in the mean time.  Thank you so much for your help.