Author Topic: Jones's of Newmarket + descendants  (Read 13567 times)

Offline CMooreddrall

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jones's of Newmarket + descendants
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 16 December 17 19:27 GMT (UK) »
It will take me a while to work through your latest information.It seems to me that the name on the postcard is Nain J Jones.If you compare the letter J in Jones with the forename initial it is remarkably simllar,with one stroke possibly missing.Given that Jane Jones is resident in 1901 and 1911,it would seem sensible for it to be her.Perhaps "Nain" has another meaning than the strict normal "Grandmother",perhaps an honorary title for a sister of Grandmother or Grandfather.Admittedly I can't yet make any family connection other than with the Cponways,but I'll carry on trying.

Regards
Roger

I know- it is an awful lot of information to take in- it took me a bit to get through it myself. I did have a thought though- if in fact it is a Nain J Jones (Though to me it just looks like a T still! But you are probably right- plus we have no capital T's to compare), I had a thought occur to me that if it is a Nain out of endearment- and there seems to be some sort of connection with Edith- that perhaps they are the grandparents of Edith- as you said her brother appeared to have stayed there... As in they spent much time with Nain? Either that or maybe just friendly? I do know my great grandmother was in a temperance group in Rhyl...Good Templers Lodge- in a photo i have they all seem to be mostly older to middle aged people. Hard to say really...I guess it is a keep digging scenario!

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 16 December 17 20:57 GMT (UK) »
To tidy up one loose end for you,I'm fairly confident this is what happens to Susannah after you have identified her in Liverpool in 1871

1881 RG11/3626/61/20
Marriage to John Williams,St. Davids Liverpool,1884
1891 RG12/2974/86/54   Bootle
1901 RG13/3462/150/2   Bootle
Death 1902

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 17 December 17 17:31 GMT (UK) »
I still haven't found a family relationship other than that expressed in the census between Jane Jones and the Conways.She is of course genuinely Nain J Jones in the family context at Elwy Villa in the 1911 census-so perhaps she was referred to as such in the "wider community".
Elwy Villa is listed next to the Mill Bank Inn in censuses,and,as such,is only a couple of hundred yards away from Cynwyd House and a little further from Preswylfa.

Regards
Roger

Offline Wuffaluff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 12:23 GMT (UK) »
It may require some further re-thinking,but I am convinced that Margaret,wife of Thomas died in Llandrillo in 1888.The burial record gives her as 65 years old with abode as Pentrebach.When John Roberts (her father) died in 1878,the grant of probate record gives "...John Roberts of Pentrebach....probate granted to Margaret Jones(wife of Thomas Jones) of Pentrebach,daughter and next of kin."

Regards
Roger

My name is David Jones and am a descendant of the Thomas Jones family. I have some information that might help you. I have attempted to attach a family tree but am informed the file is too big!
Regards
Dave

Offline Wuffaluff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 12:59 GMT (UK) »
My name is David Jones and am a descendant Thomas Jones, Cwm Ucha. I have attempted to upload my family tree but failed as the file was too big.

Offline CMooreddrall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 16:15 GMT (UK) »
David, How wonderful- I sent you a message. Hopefully you can help fill me in on a bunch of blanks while I do the same for you. Assuming all our information is correct!

Roger thanks for the info- hopefully something will add up for us!

Chris

Offline Julie Dadswell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 05 March 18 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Does any

one know anything about John Ivor Jones who lived in Pentre Bach , Newmarket in 1972. He had a brother called Goronwy who was killed in the second world war.

Offline CMooreddrall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Monday 05 March 18 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Julie,

While I dont have that information- I had a john ivor jones in my family as well- though I know its not the same one. I read it and threw me off as I saw pentre Bach in the name which was a place another branch of my family lived- but at a different one in llandrillo.

I wish you luck. Just had to say something as it just seemed very weird to me to see those names together!

Chris

Does any

one know anything about John Ivor Jones who lived in Pentre Bach , Newmarket in 1972. He had a brother called Goronwy who was killed in the great war ?

Offline Julie Dadswell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 08:44 GMT (UK) »
 Thank you Chris.  It's odd , isn't it , that we could have the same antecedents and are not related.
I'm following my great aunt Dorothy and I didn't know she had this child. I shall continue with my search.... somehow .  Julie