Author Topic: Elizabeth SMITH and John BAILEY  (Read 24701 times)

Offline KASmith

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth SMITH and John BAILEY
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 04 October 11 09:52 BST (UK) »
This is my first post on Roots Chat so bear with me.  According to my records, being a descendant of Joseph Smith convict second fleet, Elizabeth Smith was the daughter of William Smith (Alias Smyth). William was the first partner of Margaret Holmes and they were together from 1793. Margaret Mary Holmes came out on the Mary Ann 3rd Fleet and in her life had partnered 4 men. William Morrison 1792, William Smith 1793, Patrick Shannon 1799 and Joseph Smith 1812.  I have more information on their children if it is of interest.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline KASmith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 13 October 11 06:26 BST (UK) »
On further study I realise I have been wrong re Elizabeth Smith's father. I now realise that Joseph Smith convict from the Neptune 2nd fleet is the most likely candidate. Please disregard my previous post.
KASmith

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MalSky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 21 June 19 20:02 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am NEW to RootsChat and not sure how to reply. I would like to make contact with the member Grumpier to discuss my connection to Elizabeth Smith and John Bailey. I descend from this couple too through their daughter Margaret Bailey, then her daughter Mary Jane CROSS, her son Charles SWEENEY and his son Norman Ray WARWICK, who is my grandfather. I have a DNA link to this line. I am wanting more information on Elizabeth Smith's mother Mary, thought to be a Darkinjung or Dharug woman. Malcolm

Offline MalSky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 21 June 19 20:08 BST (UK) »
KASmith
looks like you and I might be related through Elizabeth Smith. Are we able to get in touch?

Offline MalSky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 21 June 19 20:12 BST (UK) »
Sonts, it looks like you and I descend from the same line of Elizabeth Smith and John Bailey. Is there any way we can make contact? Malcolm

Offline grumpier

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 22 June 19 01:29 BST (UK) »
Hi MalSky,  I have sent you a personal message re Elizabeth Smith.  Cheers Mrs Grumpier.