Author Topic: BENALLACK Family - St Just and Ladock Cornwall  (Read 11115 times)

Offline Thamesite2017

• I have turned off all email notifications
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BENALLACK Family - St Just and Ladock Cornwall
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 March 10 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Have you tracked this family in all available census
just seems like them in 1871 spelt BENNALLACK
and wife is Mary
children: Elizabeth E 14, Hannah J 13, John T 6, Richard T 3m all born St Austell
Did John remarry??
Bye
Althea

Offline jbatty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 March 10 18:29 GMT (UK) »
John Bennallack (b. 1833 d. 1885) married Jane Searle (b. ? d. ?) on July 5, 1856 and their marriage produced Elizabeth Emma (b. ~1857 d. 1900) and Hannah Jane (b. ~1858 d. ?). Jane subsequently died.

John then married Mary Trethewey (b. ~1842 d. ?) and they had at least 8 children. I have more information on those children, and also on Mary Trethewey's family.

What I'm trying to figure out is what happened to Hannah Jane Bennallack. I am a direct descendent of her sister Elizabeth Emma, and I have the full family tree from her on down to the present.

After some correspondence with other searchers, I have come to find out that Hannah might also have been recorded as "Anna" or possibly "Susanna" or "Johanna" so that complicates the search.

Offline Heliotrophe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 August 14 19:59 BST (UK) »
Also interested in these Benallacks. Have Stephen Benallack was christened on 13th July 1795 at Probus. He married Amy Francis on 8th April 1822. He had brothers John Francis and George Francis and a sister Jane.  Stephen was a cordwainer. Stephen and Ann were living in St Keyne, Cornwall in the 1851 census. They had children: Stephen Staton, Jane (born 24.1.1827), John, James and George Brown. His parents were Stephen Benallack and Mary Hockey.
Can anyone give me any more details or take me forward of backwards with this tree??
Lucas, Rumball /Rumble, Snell, Benallack, Urquhart, Knight, Denning

Offline CindlesNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 February 19 06:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa, it seems we are related, Stephen is my 8th great grandfather, I too am trying to find out more info, Regards cynthia

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 07 February 19 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi mine also. Its been a difficult line to sort and most of the cornish records dont seem easy to find or exist. Most of the Benellacks seem to call their children Stephen or John which doesnt help.
Most researchers are able to find the later generations easily as there are records but the early generations are were the problem seems to lie.

My best idea for the line is:

Stephen Benallack  =   Katheren Scawen  (Married Probus) (All of this line died at Ladock)

Sons below:

Stephen Benallack  =   Mary ........ (Administration of his estate was dated 2nd March 1690/1)
John Benallack   =    Elizabeth Corin

Stephens sons below:

Stephen Benallack   =   Elizabeth ......... 
John Benallack   =   Margery Ustick

Offline Bret+0800

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 05 May 22 17:27 BST (UK) »
Also interested in these Benallacks. Have Stephen Benallack was christened on 13th July 1795 at Probus. He married Amy Francis on 8th April 1822. He had brothers John Francis and George Francis and a sister Jane.  Stephen was a cordwainer. Stephen and Ann were living in St Keyne, Cornwall in the 1851 census. They had children: Stephen Staton, Jane (born 24.1.1827), John, James and George Brown. His parents were Stephen Benallack and Mary Hockey.
Can anyone give me any more details or take me forward of backwards with this tree??

Hello.

You may be interested in visiting https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Benallack-30
and clicking on the Descendants button, and viewing what is displayed; including scrolling down, after viewing the descendants, and viewing all of the information on the web page.