Author Topic: Link :Tracks in Time Tithes Maps Leeds District  (Read 4526 times)

Offline JJdownunder

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Link :Tracks in Time Tithes Maps Leeds District
« on: Tuesday 05 January 10 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Just stumbled across this brilliant site for owners and occupiers of land in the Leeds district

The maps together with its accompanying apportionment data, provides an illustration of land ownership, land occupancy and land use within the urban and rural townships of Leeds between 1838 and 1861.

One great thing about viewing the tithe maps is you can also view the modern map along side it so you know exactly where you are, you can also view the Ordnance Survey maps as well and you can  download the information of the owners and occupiers of the land in a spreadsheet.
I found the best way to navigate is to click on      More search options    and go from there.

Here's the Link 

http://tithemaps.leeds.gov.uk

happy hunting
JJ
All census information is crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Lawson,Houlden,Robinson,Cooper,Farrar,Hunter,Wilson, (in yeadon rawdon guiseley) Lofthouse,Gill, (in burley in wharfedale,langcliffe,hampsthwaite) Gray (in aberford) Wetherill (in Harewood) Elliott,Hudson(in gislingham suffolk) Worm(e),Holmes (in hainford norfolk)

Offline Paulo Leeds

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Link :Tracks in Time Tithes Maps Leeds District
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 November 18 15:37 GMT (UK) »
this site is down for the next 6 months :(

Offline JJdownunder

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Link :Tracks in Time Tithes Maps Leeds District
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 November 18 04:14 GMT (UK) »
 :'( thanks for that, I’ve been trying to get on there over the past couple of weeks...thought it was my connection lol
All census information is crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Lawson,Houlden,Robinson,Cooper,Farrar,Hunter,Wilson, (in yeadon rawdon guiseley) Lofthouse,Gill, (in burley in wharfedale,langcliffe,hampsthwaite) Gray (in aberford) Wetherill (in Harewood) Elliott,Hudson(in gislingham suffolk) Worm(e),Holmes (in hainford norfolk)