Author Topic: TASSELL Surname  (Read 3449 times)

Offline DeniseBS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
TASSELL Surname
« on: Wednesday 06 January 10 00:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am researching my TASSELL ancestors from Kent. We have been able to trace our line back to the 1500s to the village of Harrietsham.

The one problem I am trying to sort out is John TASSELL born c 1669 Egerton to Thomas TASSELL and Elizabeth BARLING who married three times, Elizabeth RAINES 1698, Sarah SANDERS 1701 and finally Hannah RAYSDON. He had John 1732 and Hannah 1734 with Hannah, but he died when they were still quite young, in Teynham.  I think Hannah may have remarried to a man called BANKS and moved to Sittingbourne.  John 1732 was left land in Teynham by his father which he sold (alientated) to a relative. His father had inherieted a share of a property and his son sold his share to the person who currently owned the other part of that property.

If anyone is familiar with this family and could help confirm if Hannah TASSELL (nee RAYSDON) did in fact remarry I would love to hear from you. Or anyone researching TASSELLs in Kent as I have a lot of information.

Thanks

Denise

Offline tashataylor

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: TASSELL Surname
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 16:00 BST (UK) »
Hi, im trying to research my Tassell tree but the same as everyone else i am stuck at Thomas Tassell (1736,1741?) Smarden who married an Elizabeth Featherstone.  So i decided to go backwards from all the other starting from James Tassell and Agnes Packham. I would love any info you have as somewhere along the line they have to be linked!!

Many thanks
Natasha (Tassell)

Offline DeniseBS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 22:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Natasha

Good to get your message, unfortunately I can't help you straight off as I only have the marriage of Thomas Tassell and Elizabeth Featherstone, I haven't attributed any children to them, which you obviously have.

I would like to help you with your quest re Thomas Tassell so let me know what family you believe they had, either here or you can contact me through my website TASSELLONE (just google it).

Regards

Denise

Offline Mattdt

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 April 21 08:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Denise

I was very excited to find your post today by accident via Google.  I am researching Tassell’s from Smarsden and Headcorn in Kent but have only managed to get to Robert Tassell 1779 - 1871 who is buried in Headcorn.  I would be very interested to learn more about your research.  I appreciate your post is now 2 - 3 years old but hope this response finds its way to you.

Thanks

Matt

Offline Sheri Couzens

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 July 22 19:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,i also have tassell in my family tree,i dont know if its worth you looking at a name varient i came across from looking for mine,its tossell !! dates that you are looking for there was a change.
quite often names got spelt different,reading and writing back then was not as accurate as it is now.hope this may help,just a thought :) good luck.