Author Topic: Burial Query  (Read 4110 times)

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
Burial Query
« on: Monday 10 May 04 23:11 BST (UK) »
 :-\

Hi All,
I would appreciate your thoughts on the following -

My 2nd G-grandmother Caroline Pitts appears to have had an illigimate child - Walter Pitts, born  August 20th 1860, at Whaplode Drove, Lincoln - his christening appears on the IGI.
Walter died from Whooping Cough on October 28th 1860 at Whaplode Drove.

I applied to Lincolnshire Archives for his christening and burial details. I received a letter yesterday to say that there is no record of his burial.

Any ideas on why?  -  or where I can try for more information?

Aaron

Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Re:Burial Query
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 May 04 04:31 BST (UK) »
Walter Pitts  
  Male    

~~~~~~~~
Event(s):
 Birth:  
 Christening:  26 OCT 1860   Whaplode Drove, Lincoln, England

Death:  
 Burial:  

~~~~~~~~
Parents:
  Mother:  Caroline Pitts  

Sorry no Burial record...

best wishes

Mo

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 May 04 04:48 BST (UK) »
 ;D

Hi Mo,

thanks for that - I would have thought there would have to be a burial record somewhere.........?

I see from your profile that you are located in Ireland.  I was born in Ireland - my parents immigrated to Australia  when I was a year old. My grandmother was from Lancashire which is why I am researching in England from OZ.

Regards Aaron
Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sasha

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 May 04 08:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Aaron,

I had a look on the www.familyhistoryonline.com site for you, and there was a burial listed in 1860 for a Walter Pitts.  This is a pay per view site, but I had some credit which was about to expire so I had a look at the entry for you.  The details are:

Name: Walter Pitts
Date: 29 October 1860
Aged: inf
Place: Whaplode
Description: St. Mary
Denomination: Anglican
County Code: LIN

Hope this is what you are looking for.  If you wanted a copy of the entry then Lincolnshire Archives should be able to find it from that information.

Sasha.  :)

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 May 04 22:15 BST (UK) »
 ;D

Hello Sasha,

I really appreciate that info - I will apply to  Lincolnshire Archives again.

I am looking for more info for two reasons -  first to try to prove that Walter definitely was Caroline's child - she would have been 15 when he was born.

The second reason is that in 1870 she had another son -  Walter Fisher.

On th 1871 census for Skelton, North Yorkshire, she is recorded as the wife of George Fisher ( although I have been unable to find a record of the marriage. )

I have discovered that George Fisher moved to Whaplode Drove as a child. I have this theory that the first Walter was George's son too -  which is why I am trying to find some more info.

Thanks again Sasha  ;D
Aaron
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 12 May 04 20:15 BST (UK) »
yes Arron, living in Ireland but I am a 'Heinz' ... born in England of English father and Irish mother, narried to an Irish chap and living here for the duration...
sorry I could not help you more

Take care

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 22 May 04 00:58 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D
Hi All,
I just thought I'd let you know that I have just received the results of an 1851 ( paid for ) census search and discovered that George and Caroline were living next door to each other as children. It also proved beyond doubt,  that my 3rd G-grandparents, on both sides, are who I thought they were. I am off to research in Cambridge now!
Nobody could anger me today!!!!
Regards Aaron ;D
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland