Author Topic: Psychic Genealogy  (Read 45542 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Psychic Genealogy
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday 20 October 15 09:17 BST (UK) »
Supposed link to Christians not having sex during Lent and Advent

Fair comment........... except neither of those causes a boom in March and April surely ???
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday 20 October 15 09:24 BST (UK) »
The association with spring births was supposedly summer festivals from midsummer in June to the autumn equinox in August!
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday 20 October 15 09:30 BST (UK) »
That makes sense, with the Spring festivals being all about fertility.  ;)
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday 20 October 15 11:48 BST (UK) »
And September is supposed to point to New Years Eve the year before!?

Jeanne
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday 20 October 15 12:50 BST (UK) »
When I was 17yrs old my dad died a few weeks later I called to pick up a friend as we were going out, I had never been to my friends house and on knocking at the door a lady opened it who I assumed was his mother and invited me in. The house was full of people all chatting, drinking coffee and nibbles and I apologised for disturbing her "party"  was told, "its OK, all welcome" and a cup put in my hand, my friend appeared and pointed out his mum a lady the other side of the room chatting with a group of people, he said " this is one of her meetings, she is a clairvoyant" and took me over to meet her....... me in shock as it was not what I expected ( not sure what I expected though)
She said hello, asked where we were off to and then immediately started telling me about my dad and my grandparents ( grandpa died when I was 5yrs old and my grandma had died when my dad was 4yrs old and I knew NOTHING about her not even her name) so when she  mentioned my grandmother by her given name I had no idea if it was correct or not and have to say I was more interested about what she said about my dad ( all of which was 100% correct) then off she went to talk to others and we left to meet other friends.

It was years later when I began to research and when I found my grandmother name that chance meeting years before  immediately came into my head, she had given me the  correct name of my grandmother, Oh how I wished then I had listened to the other information she gave me and would have dearly loved to have returned to speak to her again but never did...life moves on, I was married living in another county and couldn't even remember the particular house we went to.

So I am definitely open to physic genealogy my concern is the many people who claim they can do it but......... ???
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday 20 October 15 23:55 BST (UK) »
My meetings were with a member of the local spiritualist church who gave private readings.  I was so impressed at a first meeting that I phoned up and asked if she'd be willing to try to help with my family history tree.

My daughter was the first to have a reading and she showed me her notes.  One of which was:

"Jim - need to sort my life out - it's like the bird's nest."   ???

Jim was the name of one of her grandfathers.   When I queried what the note about the bird nest could be, my daughter said that a couple of sparrows had built a nest on a narrow ledge inside the glass lean-to outside her kitchen door but because it wasn't secure it had fallen to the floor when half built.    :o
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday 21 October 15 18:58 BST (UK) »
I think there may have been a co-relation between weddings in the spring and births in the first quarter. My statistics are based on some research I did over 20 years ago to determine the effect of retiring railway staff taking their annual leave in their year of retirement at a time of their choosing rather than immediately before their retirement date, which was causing a staff shortage in late March and April. Agreeing to this did lessen the effects; many of the staff concerned then took their terminal leave immediately after the new year, when there was less traffic around. Result less cancelled trains and for once I got my head patted, instead of my backside kicked as was the norm. Always had a problem keeping my mouth shut!
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline LouisaS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday 21 October 15 19:14 BST (UK) »
A half sister to my father was a spiritualist she talked to my mother who was in London miles from home, she told my mum that her youngest sister had something wrong with the top of her leg.  She had peritonitis and died age eight.  Very sad, Mum went to London to get married and not help to look after her younger siblings !!

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday 21 October 15 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Ilulkea and Rena,

Read your posts with great interest and pleased you both got something positive from your "encounter."

I have been involved with Spiritualism for nearly 30 years and I would stress that no true medium can guarantee to bring through a particular person. Spirit people, like us, have freedom of choice and can choose to come through or not at a particular time.  Also its not an exact science and is always an experiment.

Please do not waste your money on an expensive private reading but get the name of a reputable medium from your local Spiritualist Church.

Many won't agree with my religion but its a personal thing and we all have to make up our own minds.

As to mediums being able to help directly with genealogy - I have my doubts. As for me I will continue to do my research in the usual way - brick walls and all.

Dorrie

Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife