Author Topic: Thomas Wade from Lancashire  (Read 6109 times)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Wade from Lancashire
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 15:53 BST (UK) »
Possible death for Isabella Wade Q3 1841 Liverpool 20 256 (possibly 236)

There is a death for a Thomas Wright Wade Q1 1851 West Derby 20 880 - this is probably the child of Thomas Junior.

The only entry I suspect is Thomas Senior is Q2 1848 West Derby 20 802 - suspecting that he went to live with one of his children after they were married.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline tilly25

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 22 August 10 13:30 BST (UK) »
hi

In 1871 where is Mary J Behn, should be age 16 if she was staying with relatives it might tie them in.

I found where she was at Ladies Boarding School, Baumount, Walton Rd Walton on Hill she was a boarder with the Headmistress Sarah Cross.

RG10 Piece 3831 Folio 117 Page 20.

That's one mystery solved, it was on Find my past but not on Ancestry

Judy
Behn- West Derby/ Germany
 Boulton- Staffs,
 Brett- Nottingham,
 Gerry- Devon/ Wilts,
Pawlyn- Cornwall,
Shawcross- Lancashire
Goodwin- Staffs
Mohring- Hanover Germany/ Lancs
Walne-Lancs
Ginn- Cornwall
Betlin- Cornwall
Scantlebury-Cornwall

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 22 August 10 22:53 BST (UK) »
it was on Find my past but not on Ancestry

Using the reference you gave I found the page and discovered that she is indeed enumerated on there, however her name has been mistranscribed as Mary I Belmer - I know you have come across many mistranscriptions of the name, understandably.  Have you submitted an error to Ancestry for this?

Ladies Boarding School, Baumount
I read it as Baymount
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline tilly25

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 23 August 10 07:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary

Using the reference you gave I found the page and discovered that she is indeed enumerated on there, however her name has been mistranscribed as Mary I Belmer - I know you have come across many mistranscriptions of the name, understandably.  Have you submitted an error to Ancestry for this?

No I haven't, as I have to go to the library to use Ancestry.

Judy
Behn- West Derby/ Germany
 Boulton- Staffs,
 Brett- Nottingham,
 Gerry- Devon/ Wilts,
Pawlyn- Cornwall,
Shawcross- Lancashire
Goodwin- Staffs
Mohring- Hanover Germany/ Lancs
Walne-Lancs
Ginn- Cornwall
Betlin- Cornwall