Author Topic: Hoskins/Hoskings family? West part of Britain.  (Read 46350 times)

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Hoskins/Hoskings family? West part of Britain.
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 01 February 18 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Coralena Hodgkins/Hoskins from Woolhope is in my tree, her grandchildren live in south wales and also Hereford/Worcester I think. I'll send you my email.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline debs_shmebs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 01 February 18 19:47 GMT (UK) »
I’m not sure who Coralena is. Where does she fit in? X

Offline debs_shmebs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 01 February 18 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Have just scrolled down ans seen who she is. X

Offline Jerry Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 05 March 20 10:59 GMT (UK) »
who i know about is dinahs familey onwards she was my grandads mum ...gilder was the youngest of 10 .....my grandad was william ,

they moved around hereford/monmoth area ....

my grandad as 92 and past away this year , my dad was 56 and also past away this year .....

gilder could tell you everything ....about his mum and dad ...he could talk your head off about storys .....

she had 10 children , melie was the oldist girl
my grandad the oldist boy

then there was ,

jimmy
natty
volie
gilder
...i would have to find out the other names ...yes i'm on face book , and i'm very sure uncle gilder has photos , and my granny has some

but i have seen my grandads birthpaper , and his mum was dinha hoskins

and i found interest in the name , as you dont here it much !!

me mum was a penfold !! and me dad was a smith ...

dinha married william 'willie' smith !! them name has been past down over and over , my brother is willam smith

i'm sure there is much more i can tell you !!
Hi ,
Natty smith of hereford was my grandfather ,he had 11 kids my dad being one who is in his 80s now ,I think it's the same "natty"
Do you have any more info on natty smith and children ?
I was told they used "johns" as sir name yrs ago and stayed in Forest of Dean ?

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 10 May 20 19:47 BST (UK) »
By coincidence Ive returned to this family line today, after some time.  Yes Melie (Amelia), Jimmy, Natty born 1921 (Nathaniel), Volie , Gilder (Gilderoy).  Also  William, Jimmy and Rhoda. Parents were William Smith and Dinah Hoskins. Dinah's parents were Mosiah and Mary Ann Hoskins, nee Davies.  Mary Ann lived by my great great granny Mary Ann Roberts in Aberkenfig, near Bridgend at one point. Mosiah's parents Thomas Boswell and Esther Hodgkins/Hoskins.

The name Johns was used because Esther Hoskins (born 1881 and died 1962 in the Forest of Dean, daughter of Mosiah and Mary Ann) , married William Johns. William died at Ash cottage in Trowgreen.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline Jerry Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Saturday 11 July 20 08:36 BST (UK) »
By coincidence Ive returned to this family line today, after some time.  Yes Melie (Amelia), Jimmy, Natty born 1921 (Nathaniel), Volie , Gilder (Gilderoy).  Also  William, Jimmy and Rhoda. Parents were William Smith and Dinah Hoskins. Dinah's parents were Mosiah and Mary Ann Hoskins, nee Davies.  Mary Ann lived by my great great granny Mary Ann Roberts in Aberkenfig, near Bridgend at one point. Mosiah's parents Thomas Boswell and Esther Hodgkins/Hoskins.

The name Johns was used because Esther Hoskins (born 1881 and died 1962 in the Forest of Dean, daughter of Mosiah and Mary Ann) , married William Johns. William died at Ash cottage in Trowgreen.
hi I think this is my dads family ,natty was my grandad and he had 11 kids ,job ,Amos ,Mary ,cybil ,Herbert are the names I no .
Natty smith was with Cassie ?and natty smiths mum was Bella davies ? Do you have these names in your smiths ?

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 26 August 20 16:57 BST (UK) »
I dont have Natty's descendents (wife and children) so I'm unsure sorry.

Offline Chloe pearson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 23 March 24 15:10 GMT (UK) »
Solomon Hoskins was my great great grandfather. I’ve done quite a lot of research into his side of the tree If anyone would like help

Offline Chloe pearson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 23 March 24 15:11 GMT (UK) »
This is rather a long shot, but I have the forenames of a family whose surname was Hoskins or Hoskings and they were born in the last half of the 1800's.  This info was given by my 3rd cousin, but I cant find ANY record of them (apart from a possible marriage for Soloman to Lena Davies) and Im reasonably experienced in family history research.  I'd have expected a teensy bit on a couple of them...but nothing.  The names I have are Nelson, Mosiah, Soloman, Dinah, Coralina/Coralena, Gilder, Ada, Patience and Esther. We dont know the area they were from but its believed to be either South Wales, Herefordshire, Gloucs, or Worcs.  The parents were allegedly John and Mary Ann, I dont know how accurate that info is. Dinah had 10 children and Esther had 16!!  Coralina had a daughter named Rosina Jones born 1913 in Newport, Wales but has no marriage record or birth record for Rosina. (My 3rd cousin is Rosina's daughter, hence how I know this).  The family may have moved to the Forest of Dean but we dont know when. I'd be grateful if someone could give us any info.   ???
Edit: Have just found them with 4 of the children in Parkend, Monmouthshire in 1911!   The father of the family, who I was told was John, was down as the initial 'M'.

Solomon is my great great grandfather if you need any help. I’ve done a lot of research on that side