Author Topic: Elizabeth Campbell Born 1900 - Stuck - Help please!COMPLTED AND SOLVED!  (Read 2466 times)

Offline ellary

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Campbell Born 1900 - Stuck - Help please!COMPLTED AND SOLVED!
« on: Wednesday 13 January 10 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Help please!

Elizabeth (Bessie) Campbell born 29/06/1900 in Kirkcudbright, Scotland

Can anyone help me with what happened to Bessie (my great aunt). 

There is no death certificate for her in Scotland, and before I spend the money looking her up elsewhere I was hoping someone else may have information on her already. 

She was never mentioned by my Granny , there are no family photos and extended family only have two vague memories of her.  One of these is of her being a talented musician who may have travelled to Italy to study music, but I dont know if that is true.  There is also a vague memory that she may have had a heart complaint, but again
I dont know if that is a fact.

The bizarre thing is there is no mention of her in her fathers obituary in 1922 (the other children were named), I would have thought she would have been named as the "late" Elizabeth.  Was there a scandal and she was disowned?  That would suggest she left the area, but to where?

Does anyone have any information on Bessie, any help would be greatfully received

Thanks

Karen x

Campbell, Middleton, Wilson, McAdam, Johnston, Jackson, Palmer, Charters, Harkness, McCrearie