Author Topic: ***LMA/Ancestry "Missing" Parishes***  (Read 76356 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: ***LMA/Ancestry "Missing" Parishes***
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 19 January 10 01:35 GMT (UK) »
Saint Paul Deptford is definately on there. If you browse by borough and look under Lewisham you will find it. St Nicholas Deptford is in the borough of Greenwich, so this might be the cause of the problem.

Hi Cockneykid, thanks, I'd missed that Deptford St Paul came under Lewisham rather than Greenwhich even when I checked in Phillimore's Atlas.

However, the post-1813 burials for Deptford St Paul aren't on there since Lewisham only lists Christchurch, St Mary and Lee St Peter.  Unfortunately its actually the burials post 1813 I was looking for so I'll have to wait for them to be added. >:(
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline cockneykid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 20 January 10 10:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Smudwhisk

Apparently LMA only holds burials for St Paul Deptford up to 1788, so they will be located in the currently unindexed section of records that have been put up

After this date they are actually held down at Lewisham Local Studies Library, so you will need to contact them instead

Cockneykid

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 21 January 10 22:23 GMT (UK) »
Apparently LMA only holds burials for St Paul Deptford up to 1788, so they will be located in the currently unindexed section of records that have been put up

After this date they are actually held down at Lewisham Local Studies Library, so you will need to contact them instead
Cockneykid

Hi Cockneykid

Ah, that would explain why they are missing.  I've ordered a copy of the NW Kent FHS transcript for the burials to see if my theory on my missing Easterby's is correct ... hopefully ...
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Ros50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 24 January 10 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

Thanks to Dawn and Vanda for putting this up.  I've likewise noticed several vicars with the first name Rev and surname Clerk ...

I couldn't find the St Sepulchre's baptisms 1787-1808 either, but I'm glad to have the news that some of the missing bits from St Luke Old Street may be found under St Luke Milwall.

I've noticed some gaps in St Mary Whitechapel: baptisms 1733-August 1739 - present on IGI - and marriages prior to 1754 (not on IGI). 

There are also bits missing from the supposedly indexed era.  Burials in St Matthew Bethnal Green for 1834, for example, consist of one page, which doesn't happen to be August when my ancestor James Brewley was buried there, though other family researchers have a photocopy of the entry, so I know it exists.  Likewise a marriage entry from IGI which I wanted to check in St Botolph Aldgate in 1787 came to nothing: there are no marriage images browsable for that parish and year.

It's been an enormous undertaking, and I don't want to belittle what LMA and Ancestry have made available so far: it's hugely helpful.  However the database - even the indexed section - is far from complete.  I do hope the missing pieces will eventually appear.

Best Wishes
Ros

Offline suelaw1954

• RootsChat Member
  • Sue, Feb 1955. So cute, what went wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 12 February 10 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Ancestry have just done an update.

The St Luke Old Street/St Luke Milwall mix up seems to have been fixed.
The mislinks for St John of Wapping have been fixed.
The databasing of Christ Church Watney St as St George in the East has been removed.

The missing bits of otherwise scanned parishes are still missing.
Looks like they are concentrating on fixing what is already up.

Hopefully the Ancestry or LMA people are looking at these pages and taking note.  ;D

Sue :D
Common(s) - Sussex, London, Northumberland
Spall - London, Suffolk (Debenham, Cretingham)
Goddard - Sussex (Brighton, Newtimber, Edburton)
Piller - London, Norfolk
Shadbolt - Herts (Codicote, Datchworth)
Young - Sussex (Brighton)
Rose - Army, London
Beckwith - London, Norfolk

Offline Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 12 February 10 21:48 GMT (UK) »
St Sepulchre baptisms 1787-1808 are still missing though.

Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 12 February 10 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Enfield St Andrew 1729 to 1769 is still missing ..

unfortunately as its the register I need to look at!

Offline suelaw1954

• RootsChat Member
  • Sue, Feb 1955. So cute, what went wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 12 February 10 23:39 GMT (UK) »
I've had a reply on a thread actually on Ancestry about this issue. The lady (Ann Sargeant) pointed out that Cliff Webb at the West Surrey FHS is in the process of expanding his free online research aids to London Parishes to include the Ancestry databases. The link is:
http://www.wsfhs.org/ResearchAids.htm
And the relevant research aids are 49, 50 and 51 of which 49 is now completed and uploaded.
This is a beautiful piece of work in progress and a good guide to what SHOULD be up there. Many thanks to Cliff Webb.

Sue :)
PS I have a applied to set up a specific message board for this topic on Ancestry. See how they react to that.
Common(s) - Sussex, London, Northumberland
Spall - London, Suffolk (Debenham, Cretingham)
Goddard - Sussex (Brighton, Newtimber, Edburton)
Piller - London, Norfolk
Shadbolt - Herts (Codicote, Datchworth)
Young - Sussex (Brighton)
Rose - Army, London
Beckwith - London, Norfolk

Offline neanie2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 30 May 10 14:08 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
Am I going nuts or in St Anne Soho the only year that appears to be missing from Ancestry is the marriages in 1812 - the one that could resolve a long held difference of opinion....! Am i looking right at it? Or is it hidden somewhere else?
Thanks
Janine