Author Topic: Frederick August Schulz - Need Help  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Cranburygal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Frederick August Schulz - Need Help
« on: Saturday 16 January 10 22:29 GMT (UK) »
I am doing research on the Schulz family from Germany.  I have been unable to find any info on them.  I have a lot of records while they were in the US but none in Germany.  Here's what I know:

Frederick (August) Schulz (born Aug. 1833) and his wife Katharine (Kate) came to the US circa 1883 with children, George (born Dec. 1862), John P. (born May 1866) and Elizabeth(born 1874).  August Schulz was a locksmith and his son John a tinsmith. 

Most of the time August Schulz does not use the name Frederick???? Katherine Schulz' father's name was Peter Weber.  On the documents only "Germany" was given - no town name.

Any help finding at least the marriage of August & Katherine Schulz would be helpful.  They spent most of their time in Brooklyn, NY.  According to the 1900 census they had been married 40 years with 5 children, 4 living.  Their daughter Elizabeth died in 1895 and is buried in All Faiths Lutheran Cemetery, Middle Village, NY.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.