Author Topic: harle  (Read 6049 times)

Offline madmurph

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: harle
« Reply #9 on: Friday 22 January 10 09:19 GMT (UK) »
thank you for that i really know very little about the people or the area they came from even though i live in morpeth
alison
simpson-newcastle upon tyne
ritson-northumberland
clough-northumberland
stokoe-northumberland
o'hara-newcastle upon tyne
spence in ashington northumberland
porter-newcastle upon tyne

Offline cavvytri

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 25 January 10 11:25 GMT (UK) »
 :)Hi Alison
Just adding to the mix...my great great grandma Mary Dagg was born at Meldon Park near Morpeth. I have seen a copy of her baptism record and it says she was the illegitimate daughter of John HARLE of the Kingdom of Ireland...and thats all I know..he is my brick wall.
Incidentally I also have Ritson in the family.
Amos,Burnside,Cowan,Hamilton,Lawrie,Reid,Skeldon,(East Lothian, Berwickshire)
Matthew,Tough,Sheriff,Guild,Gourlay,Cundall,Brown(Angus,Midlothian&Australia)
Dunn,Coombs,Dalrymple,Newman,Elliott, Embleton,Day
(Northumberland,Hampshire,Kent,Middlesex)
McPherson , Perth, Scotland
Cameron, Perthshire

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 25 January 10 18:49 GMT (UK) »
William Harll baptised in Ryton Holy Cross, Co. Durham, 5 July 1818 s/o Peter and Margaret, no siblings baptised there.

Marriage of Peter Harle and Margaret Hall in Ovingham 13 May 1815

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline HarleK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 08 June 18 22:50 BST (UK) »
William Harle was my great great grandfather. Peter Harle( Anne Clough's brother)  was my great grandfather. In 1881, he lived in Barrington ( just west of Bedlington Station) with wife Mary and their  children including my grandfather William. William married Margaret Jane Johnson ( 1910?) and there were 5 children, George, Margaret, William, Robert and Peter. My grandmother died in 1922. George and Kath had 2 daughters and emigrated to Australia in the mid 50s. All have passed away but there are grandchildren. Margaret married Sam, a Scotsman. There is a daughter who lives in Ayrshire. William and Charlotte had one son who lives in Cramlington. Robert was my father and I have brother who still lives in the North East
In 1939, my father lived with his uncle, Robert Harle in Burnside, Bedlington. His Father, William, lived at 22, 5th Avenue, Morpeth with his second family and my uncle Peter. Peter married Mary and lived in Shilbottle. They had 2 sons and 3 daughters. I live in Hertfordshire and have 3 sons and two granddaughters.         

Offline Peter Kennedy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 12 May 19 09:56 BST (UK) »
Hello. My grandparents were George and Kath Harle, who migrated to Australia, in about 1953, via Egypt, where they spent an unknown time in Ismalia.( spelling). I might be able to help you fill in a few gaps in the Harle tree, if you so wish. Who am I chatting to, please? Yours sincerely. Pete Kennedy. Australia

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 12 May 19 10:13 BST (UK) »
HarleK and Peter Kennedy, You appear to be fairly closely related to each other. If you both make a couple more posts on the forum you will get access to the private messaging system and be able to communicate with each other about your living relatives.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 12 May 19 15:54 BST (UK) »
Sorry to but in here but as I have found some info I thought I might share it. Maybe it oo info ypuu have though.

Burial;
26 Feb 1820, Christ Church. Tynemouth, Northumberland
PETER Harle age 35
Abode  North Shields

2 other children Baptised St Mary the Virgin, Ovingham, NBL to PETER/MARGARET;
ANN 31 Mar 1816
JOHN 27 Sep 1820
Abode Wylam
Father a Pitman

Anne married William MOORE 1837, 1851 Census confirm her dob/pob

All above on FreeREG

Margaret may have remarried but I cant find one for her.

Trish :)

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline HarleK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 01 July 19 12:58 BST (UK) »
Peter Kennedy, you are my cousin once removed. We've never met. Your mother used to write to me so you may be able to locate my address. If so drop me a line.
Keith