Author Topic: Gilloway Tullyhoe Ballykelly  (Read 4683 times)

Offline glendasmyth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gilloway Tullyhoe Ballykelly
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 31 January 10 12:26 GMT (UK) »
researched 1901 cenus and found a john galloway lived at 23 coolesan fruithill londonderry with his wife anne jane nee craig. Children were john, george, james, mary and his two sisters ruth ( who could be my gdad's mum) and rebecca also two nephews james ( i believe to be my gdad) and his brother willie.

Compared this with 1911 cenus - john( now registered as Gilloway) had now moved to 2tullyhoe ballykelly and had another 4 children isabella, jane, sam, and ruth. All their ages would suggest this. His sister ruth and her two sons appear on the cenus form of george giiloway 4 tullyhoe ballykelly who was her and john's  father. Could these be my ancestors.

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 31 January 10 14:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   You could very well be on the right track. 14 Aug 1890 John Gilliway (sic) married Anne Jane Craig in Ballykelly Presbyterian Church.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline RebekahPatton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 21:49 BST (UK) »
I am very interested in the will you have of William Patton who died May 20, 1842.  My cousins and I have been researching our Patton family in the Newtownlimavady area and have been trying to sort out the two William Patton's who appear in Lower Culmore in the 1831 Census.  We would love to share information!  Thank you!