Author Topic: Ayto Family from Leicester/Lincoln  (Read 6152 times)

Offline Riojatinto

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ayto Family from Leicester/Lincoln
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 03 April 11 10:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Sam,

Your Harriet´s grandfather was called John Hayto and I´m descended from his brother´s line (Joseph Hayto).  The last direct Ayto in my family was my grandmother whose maiden name was Ayto.  She was an only child and unfortunately I never met any of the Ayto´s.  My dad remembers his grandfather but they only met once! Since he divorced my great grandmother in the 1940´s.  I do have family in that area though and I have made contact with one or two other people descended from my line of Ayto´s who still live in the lincs area!!!  I take it your descended from Harriet´s line?  Congrats on the baby.......!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Del 80

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my favourite jumper about 1976
    • View Profile
Re: Ayto Family from Leicester/Lincoln
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 08 May 11 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Sam, Have you tried Bob Copelands website, it should tell you all you need to know about the Ayto family, including all it's variant spellings,Including Ato, Hayto, Eatough, and others. Regards Del.  P.S. My GGGGG Grandfather was Anthony Ayto from Normanton Lincs. Del.
Clarke , Calvert , McCreadie,
 McDowell, Paton & Scott families,  Scotland
& Ireland, Ayto/Hayto/Eato/Eatough families, Lincolnshire.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.