Author Topic: owen family  (Read 5686 times)

Offline clwyd2

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
owen family
« on: Thursday 21 January 10 23:06 GMT (UK) »
looking for relatives of the owen family from amlwch Hugh Owen owned the kings head inn  salem st also brewery and tobacco works up to 1913 when he died .he left his estate between his 4 sons 3 daughters and a step daughter
william,john,david 1 son hugh was not named in will,daughters elizabeth,martha,ann,step daughter mary jane thomas or williams,if they had grandchildren they would still be alive today
can anyone help

Offline D.Bear

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: owen family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 May 12 23:54 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm pretty sure that's me. My family on my mother's side owned the tabbaconist a long time ago. I think the 'sons' include my taid (grandfather) and great uncles. I think. I know this is my family but My taid might have been a son of the sons instead. Hope this helps! Why did you want to know about them anyway?

Offline Rob51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 August 17 11:48 BST (UK) »
My grandfather was the Hugh Owen who was not named in the will. He married Evelyn Elizabeth Williams who was born in Bootle, near Liverpool. He was a director of Hugh Owen & Sons, but died in 1936, said to be from TB. After his death, his widow worked at the King's Head which she eventually came to own before moving to Rhos on Sea, Colwyn Bay and, later, to live with a son in  the South of England. He had three sons: William Howell Kinsey Owen (spelt incorrectly elsewhere among these messages) was the oldest, Ronald was the middle one, and Robert Beresford Owen was the youngest.

William was known as "Kinsey" or "Kins" to his parents' family and, later, as Bill to his wife's family. I'm their only offspring. I've lived in Thailand since 2013, and have a son and a daughter from a previous marriage.

Ronald ("Ron" or "Ronnie") married, then emigrated to New Zealand and, later, to Australia. He had two children. His son lives in South Wales now, and has a son of his own,  and Ron's daughter lives in Australia. She has three children, two girls and a boy.

Robert ("Rob" or "Robbie") married and had two children. They both live in the UK.

All three of Hugh's sons are deceased.

I welcome contact from others with an interest in "Teulu King's Head."

Offline clwyd2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 August 17 14:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob I have photos of the Owen family including one of Hugh and Evelyn's wedding the bridesmaids are Hugh's sisters .Hugh that was not in the will had died age 8yrs .William Owen was the father of Hugh and Will and the  two girls ,their mother died in childbirth .My Mother in law was their cousin and lived next to the tobacco works in Salem St the house is called Bryn Awelon .I will post a photo of the wedding later as I don't have them at hand at the moment.
Cheers clwyd2  (Chris)

Offline Rob51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 August 17 14:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Clwyd2,

That's really great! Thanks you for replying, and so quickly too.

My father wasn't a great one for recalling family matters, nor for accumulating photos more's the pity. His brothers did so however. Anything that you may find will therefore be most welcome.

Best wishes,
Rob

Offline clwyd2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 18 August 17 16:40 BST (UK) »
Hi rob once you have made 3 posts we will be able to communicate by  PM messages  I'll post photo later tonight .
Chris

Offline Rob51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 18 August 17 16:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,

So this "thank you" constitutes the 3rd message. Great.

PMs sound good, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the photo. Bearing in mind that I'm currently six hours ahead of British Summer Time here, it will be tomorrow before that happens.

Have a great evening!

Best wishes,
Rob

Offline clwyd2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 18 August 17 20:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob here is photo of Hugh and Evelyn's wedding .photos can't be sent via PM so we would have to use E mail also I will post in the Anglesey  section I couldn't find the the posts at first they don't appear there I have made many posts in  Anglesey section over the years ref Owen family /Kings head
Chris

Offline Rob51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 19 August 17 07:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,

That's a lovely photograph, thank so much for sending it. O know that other members of the family will be very pleased to see it too.

Best wishes, Rob