Author Topic: LARTER family search  (Read 8791 times)

Offline poppets

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LARTER family search
« on: Friday 22 January 10 02:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm looking for some information regarding the Larter family in Norfolk.

I have an Edward Larter b. 16 Sep 1770 in Redenhall with Harlestone and Hamlet of Wortwell, Norfolk to Richard and Elizabeth Larter. Edward married Frances Howlett in 1793 in Bacton.

I was hoping to find out some information regarding a marriage between Richard Larter and Elizabeth (surname unknown) or even just any information about Richard Larter. I believe they had at least another two sons - Charles and Richard.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Casey.

Offline malcomel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: LARTER family search
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 February 10 13:33 GMT (UK) »
hi,  I have just registered with roots chat and found your message. I'm a direct descendant of Edward, but I've not been able to get farther back than his marriage to Francis. I've found the Edward at Redenhall but  have not been able to prove he is the same one. I have also seen on some other peoples info that his mother and father were Richard and Elizabeth again not been able to prove. So, sorry this is not much help to you in your quest, your info might just help me. 
 Regards
  Malcome
Larter:  Bacton, Witton, Happisburgh, Norfolk

Offline junev

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 February 10 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I may be telling you of a site you already know www.noah.norfolk.gov.uk so apologies if you do.  Having said that I can't see any direct reference to your family however on their link to the Norfolk Record office it does show that a will exists for an Edward Later who died in 1770 of Redenhall with Harleston (the will is not on line unlike some that they have).  I guess this could tie in with 'your' Edward - who knows perhaps his grandfather?

Junev

Offline lighthouse1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 June 14 07:35 BST (UK) »
Malcome, If this is the same Edward Larter born abt 1754 Norfolk that I have married to Francis born abt 1767 Norfolk have you found his ancestors yet ?
Larter, Stirling, Zingelmann, Redford, Rafter, Mieland, McGregor, Osborne, Fitzpatrick, Peper, Mieland, Hardrath, Jenkins and Martin
Meredith, Sheehy, Torrance, Mills, Kelly, Howden, Chesterfield, Reynolds and Pickup

Offline malcomel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 June 14 10:14 BST (UK) »
hi sorry I've not been able to prove anything before Edward larter marrying Francis Howlett he is my grandfather x5. It says the banns were read in his parish of witton ( Norfolk Archives)

Offline lighthouse1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 16 June 14 10:45 BST (UK) »
Malcome I had Edward's father as Edward B 1735 Fressingfield died 13 Jan 1812 Witton and mother Lorina B 1738 Witton died 28 Sept 1811 Witton

Edward B 1735 Father Edward and mother Sophia
Larter, Stirling, Zingelmann, Redford, Rafter, Mieland, McGregor, Osborne, Fitzpatrick, Peper, Mieland, Hardrath, Jenkins and Martin
Meredith, Sheehy, Torrance, Mills, Kelly, Howden, Chesterfield, Reynolds and Pickup

Offline malcomel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 16 June 14 11:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks that would tie in with the Edward and Lorina burials recorded in witton church records I had a sneaking suspicion that these my be his mother and father but could not prove any link . So it would also link across to all the Larters in fressingfield Suffolk then. Can I ask how you put it together . This will start me up again thanks.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 16 June 14 18:10 BST (UK) »
Re what Casey posted ;
I have an Edward Larter b. 16 Sep 1770 in Redenhall with Harlestone and Hamlet of Wortwell, Norfolk to Richard and Elizabeth Larter. Edward married Frances Howlett in 1793 in Bacton.

Edward was Baptised 16 Sept 1770, St John the Baptist, Redenhallto EDWARD/ELIZABETH
He died!
He was Buried 2 Feb 1771 (Infant, Son of Edward/Elizabeth, abode Redenhall)
Source FreeREG

EDWARD/ELIZABETH (nee HOWLETT) Baptised;
St Andrew, Bacton;
FRANCES, 12 Oct 1794
ELIZABETH, 15 Oct 1799
RICHARD, 12 Dec 1802
St Margaret, Witton;
LORINA, 18 Dec 1795
EDWARD, 26 March 1798
ROBERT, 15 June 1804
JOHN, 16 March 1806
MARY, 3 April 1808
LYDIA, 29 Oct 1809
HARRIETT, 2 Dec 1810
ELINOR, 25 Oct 1812

Edward Larter Buried 17 July 1812 Witton was age 78 (birth c 1734)
Edward Larter Buried 6 Dec 1831 Happisburgh was age 60 (birth c 1770)

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Kristie Cornett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 21 April 15 02:03 BST (UK) »
Edward Larter was born in Walsberwick, Suffolk in 1771 to John and Lorina Larter.  Below are the baptisms listed for them.
John   Larter   bapt   13   11   1768   
Edward Larter   bapt   20   01   1771   
Robert Larter   bapt   22   10   1775      
Lorina Larter   bapt   28   05   1772   

John and Lorina moved to Witton, Norfolk and she died there in 1811 and he in 1812  (his name is incorrectly listed as Edward in the parish register).  He and Lorina have a tombstone in the churchyard. Edward Larter d. 1831 and Frances Howlett d. 1828 are buried in the protestant dissenters graveyard in Bacton.  Their son Richard is buried next to his grandparents John and Lorina. Hope this helps.