Author Topic: Useful? Documents  (Read 30976 times)

Offline Hollander

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Useful? Documents
« on: Friday 22 January 10 20:52 GMT (UK) »
I’ve been having a sort out, and have turned up the following documents and papers which I have picked up at one time or the other. If you think any of them might help with your research please let me know, and I will gladly send you a scanned copy, or a transcript, if scanning is not practicable.

1. Letter book containing approx 1500 ‘office copies’ of correspondence by Richard Sharples, Solicitor, Accrington, between March and November 1890.
He conducted business over a wide area of South Lancashire, and there are many different surnames listed in the index.

2. Short pedigree outlining descendants of Thomas Molyneux, of Liverpool.
Not dated (possibly early 19th c.). Associated surnames: Critchley, Phythian, Fleetwood.

3. Last will and testament, (original doc. ) William Henry Collinson, of Salesbury, Blackburn, Lancs. Probate 16th July 1828.

4. Indenture relating to release of land for construction of Factory Street, Blackburn, Lancashire, by Thomas Livesey, of Blackburn, Lancashire.
Dated 7th May 1840.

5. Last will and testament, (original doc. )  Thomas Livesey, Crabtree House, Brindle, Lancashire. Died 24th July 1847.

6. Schedule of Deeds relating to property held by James Livesey, of Blackburn, Lancashire, in Brindle, Blackburn, Liskeard and Wallasey.
Dated March 1867.

7. Last will and testament (original doc. ) Mary Bancroft, Bolton, Lancashire. Beneficiaries/Executors Siffrid Nevil Bancroft and Robert Nevil Bancroft.
Died 9th December 1875.

8. Letter to Mrs Christian Kerrish, Dreanskall(?), Haughold, Isle of Man, from Minnie Kerrish, Abingdon, Illinois, U.S.A. Dated August 23rd 1885.

9.Contract/Indenture relating to Timothy and Sarah Cooperthon (sic) of Skipton in Craven, Yorkshire, 1713.

10. Number of scrapbooks (early 1930s) relating to Thompson family, of 75 Silverdale Road, Rock Ferry, Cheshire.

Please contact me if any of the above will assist you in your research.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Britowl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Useful? Documents
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 September 10 15:38 BST (UK) »
Hello, not sure if you have anything that is relevant to our family tree, but if you have anything relating to the surname FISHER then it might be of interest to us.  I have some research to do regarding Sharples Solicitors in connection with visits he made to my ancestors on business, but exactly what we don't know.  I need to make a trip to wherever the documents are now being held to establish if I can find anything relevant to us, so if you can help at all it would be very much appreciated.  Many thank.s

Offline Hollander

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 September 10 15:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Britowl.

Sorry, but no Fisher correspondence in the letter book.

It may be worth your while contacting Accrington Central Library, as they hold quite an amount of material relating to the solicitor Richard Sharples; he was a prominent figure in the town.

Alternatively, Lancashire RO may be able to help you.

Offline Britowl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 September 10 16:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your prompt reply and helpful suggestions, very much appreciated.  I have contacted Lancashire Records offices but not the library, so thank you for that.

Offline johnforster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 25 November 10 22:38 GMT (UK) »
I’ve been having a sort out, and have turned up the following documents and papers which I have picked up at one time or the other. If you think any of them might help with your research please let me know, and I will gladly send you a scanned copy, or a transcript, if scanning is not practicable.

1. Letter book containing approx 1500 ‘office copies’ of correspondence by Richard Sharples, Solicitor, Accrington, between March and November 1890.
He conducted business over a wide area of South Lancashire, and there are many different surnames listed in the index.

2. Short pedigree outlining descendants of Thomas Molyneux, of Liverpool.
Not dated (possibly early 19th c.). Associated surnames: Critchley, Phythian, Fleetwood.

3. Last will and testament, (original doc. ) William Henry Collinson, of Salesbury, Blackburn, Lancs. Probate 16th July 1828.

4. Indenture relating to release of land for construction of Factory Street, Blackburn, Lancashire, by Thomas Livesey, of Blackburn, Lancashire.
Dated 7th May 1840.

5. Last will and testament, (original doc. )  Thomas Livesey, Crabtree House, Brindle, Lancashire. Died 24th July 1847.

6. Schedule of Deeds relating to property held by James Livesey, of Blackburn, Lancashire, in Brindle, Blackburn, Liskeard and Wallasey.
Dated March 1867.

7. Last will and testament (original doc. ) Mary Bancroft, Bolton, Lancashire. Beneficiaries/Executors Siffrid Nevil Bancroft and Robert Nevil Bancroft.
Died 9th December 1875.

8. Letter to Mrs Christian Kerrish, Dreanskall(?), Haughold, Isle of Man, from Minnie Kerrish, Abingdon, Illinois, U.S.A. Dated August 23rd 1885.

9.Contract/Indenture relating to Timothy and Sarah Cooperthon (sic) of Skipton in Craven, Yorkshire, 1713.

10. Number of scrapbooks (early 1930s) relating to Thompson family, of 75 Silverdale Road, Rock Ferry, Cheshire.

Please contact me if any of the above will assist you in your research.

Offline Britowl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 26 November 10 08:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello, thank you for posting a message. 

The letter book you have containing office copies of documents from Richard Sharples Solicitors Accrington between March and November 1890 might contain something relevant to our family, particularly if it involves the surname FISHER.  It relates to my illegitimate great grandfather John Thomas FISHER and maybe his mother Sarah FISHER and other persons, names currently unknown to us.

Having just recently contacted Preston Records Offices they have kindly informed me that the apparently hold almost a dozen boxes of totally uncatalogued material relating to the business of Richard Sharples and Sons Solicitors, Accrington, Lancashire.  Dates and details of their held documents totally unknown.  However, I don't live anywhere near there but at some point next year I will try to get there to start looking through what they have.  In the meantime if you have anything that seems remotely relevant I would really welcome being e-mailed any documents that appear relevant.  Other surnames perhaps associated with this could be RILEY. 

Thank you for posting a message with information, very much appreciated.  Would need to exchange e-mail addresses for document exchange etc.  I look forward to hearing from you - and again, thank you.

Offline johnforster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 26 November 10 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Regarding item 10, number of scrapbooks relating to Thompson family and item 6 property in liscard and wallasey.
My question is are there are references to John H Thompson married to Josephine Forster married 1921 from Hartington Road, Liscard, Wallasey?
Looking forward to your response!

Offline julieriddiough

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 26 November 10 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi are there any refrences to  the Riddiough / Ridehalgh / Reddiough (or any other variations in the spelling)

thanks
Brotton History Website - www.communigate.co.uk/ne/brottonhistory
RIDDIOUGH FAMILY - www.riddiough.com

Riddiough - Brotton, Shipley
Trinder - Berkshire, Loftus
Marsay - Whitby, Brotton, Boosbeck
Yeoman - Whitby, Loftus, Brotton
Harris - Loftus, Devon
Sibly - Cornwall, Brotton
Spargo - Devon
Pulford - West Yorkshire
Ward - Loftus
Leach - Shipley, Baildon, Saltaire

Offline Hollander

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 27 November 10 02:38 GMT (UK) »
Replies:-

John Forster Unfortunately the document (item 6) is presently out of my possession, John, When it is returned to me I will contact you.
Re the scrapbooks. No names are mentioned in them - any written references (short items about day trips and holidays) being to 'mother' and 'father' etc., and all photographs are press cuttings of news events at the time. The books however were the property of Eric Clifford Thompson (1921 to 1977), of the address given at Rock Ferry.

julieriddiough No mention of the surnames given in any of documents I'm afraid, Julie.

Britowl I am presently checking the letter book, Britowl. The pages are made of tissue paper for use in a letter press, and quite fragile, so it is taking a little while. I will contact you with any results.