Author Topic: Useful? Documents  (Read 30894 times)

Offline lori82

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Useful? Documents
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 14 November 12 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I must say I was thinking the same thing.  Haven't really come across any Sharples secrets yet.        I am indeed Lorraine, I have been given the task of researching both Mum and Dad's family trees which can be a bit confusing.  Dad was saying he used to have a photo of Richard Edgar standing by his aeroplane but lost it, would you happen to have a copy?

I live in Sholing which is about a 10 minute drive from my parents, they said he was over but I was working so didn't get to see him.

Lorraine

Offline lori82

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 31 January 14 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hollander

Re: Letter book containing approx 1500 ‘office copies’ of correspondence by Richard Sharples, Solicitor, Accrington, between March and November 1890.
He conducted business over a wide area of South Lancashire, and there are many different surnames listed in the index.

I an the great great granddaughter of Richard Sharples and I was wondering if could send me copies of the letters?  I would prefer to buy the originals from you if it was at all possible to give to my father.
I look forward to hearing from you

Lorraine

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 01 February 14 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lorraine...Hollander hasn't been on Rootschat since April last year...but if you send a Personal Message by clicking on the scroll beneath his name then you may get a reply if his email is current.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline lori82

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 01 February 14 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol

Thanks I didn't realise you could send a message.  Just tried doing that but it didn't work unfortunately, it said that messages were blocked.  Fingers crossed he gets an email to say I commented on here.

Lorraine

Offline pollydog1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 03 February 14 00:46 GMT (UK) »
Hollander. Could you please share info on No7, Mary Bancroft, I would be most grateful. Regards.

Offline chrissie49

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 06 September 14 21:15 BST (UK) »
Hi
Am interested in will of Mary Bancroft.  I am researching her brother Siffrid who is mentioned as executor.  Would love a copy

Offline Duals

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 30 December 15 23:26 GMT (UK) »
My mum was Margaret, sister of Leslie, Keith, Alec, gordon, and Elizabeth. I am sure we had/ have a photo of their father standing next to a plane. I shall have a look when I get a minute.

Offline Joney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 21 January 16 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Just looked at item 8 on your list. As the address is in the Isle of Man, I am fairly sure the surname you have transcribed as 'Kerrish' is in fact 'Kerruish' a recognisably Manx surname. Thought this may help any interested researchers to find this post.

Joney
Liverpool - Ireland 
 Skerries, County Dublin - Thorn(ton),  Wicklow -  Traynor
Baltray, Co. Louth, McGuirk and  Co. Mayo -  Phillips
Isle of Man - Harrison -  Andreas and Morrison - Maughold, 
Durham, Hetton and East Rainton area  - Brown and Kennedy
Northumberland - Clough, Longbenton

Offline SunyBay

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 21 February 16 18:24 GMT (UK) »
This is for lori82 and juliamary. I am the great-granddaughter of Richard Edgar Sharples (I am the granddaughter of Margaret, who was Richard Leslie's sister) and would be interested in sharing information if you're still around.

Helen