Author Topic: CRAWFORD Argyllshire 1830  (Read 10868 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: CRAWFORD Argyllshire 1830
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 29 June 10 18:37 BST (UK) »
 ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jpetrak

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CRAWFORD Argyllshire 1830
« Reply #19 on: Friday 18 January 19 01:11 GMT (UK) »
My maiden name is Crawford and my Crawfords are from Argyllshire too. I built your tree back to James b. 1755 and Christina (or Christian) Munro. They were married in Stralachlan and that is where my Hugh Crawford (b. 1742) had his children. I've never been able to get farther back than Hugh in 1742. Have you had your DNA done? I'd be very anxious to see if there is a match. My nephew did his for me and we only match one other Crawford! He has done his, his father's and his son's. Recently another person looks like a match but his tree doesn't go very far back. If you look at the Crawford surname project DNA spreadsheet (https://www.familytreedna.com/public/crawford?iframe=yresults) you will see Hugh under the group called R1b-13a Dal Riata. If you would like to discuss this further my email is:  *

Hoping we are cousins!

Janet

*Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChat general practice to prevent others spamming or abusing it.  Please use the personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  New members may need to make two or three posts in order to access this system.  Thanks  :)