Author Topic: DEVERALL family Frome Somerset  (Read 1995 times)

Offline ldowsett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DEVERALL family Frome Somerset
« on: Tuesday 26 January 10 02:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi all
I am looking for any information of my Deverall/Deverill/Deverell family from Frome in Somerset.  I have found the family in 1841 census and have found some of the baptism records from the Zion Independent Church but some are missing, my 3x great grandfather was James Deverill sent out to West Australia as a convict in 1851.

Regards
Leanne
Perth W. Ausralia
KILLICK, OSBORN/E, DOWN, FLETCHER, DEVERELL, PASCHO, DARK, MUNDAY, DALY, KIELY

Offline Jo Harding

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Deverall family Frome Somerset
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 January 10 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello Leanne,

I tyake it that the family in the 1841 is the one headed by John Davarell and his wife, Sophia.

There are baptisms for some of the children on Freereg and these are as follows:

Zion Independent Chapel.

Born 10 March 1829, baptised 24 May 1829, James, son of John and Sophia DEVERIL.

Frome, St John the Baptist.

24 February 1821, baptised Louisa, daughter of John and Sophia DEVERILL, abode: Butts. Occupation Weaver.

19 May 1823, Baptised Benjamin, son of John and Sophia DEVERILL. Abode: Butts. Occupation, weaver.

23 May 1825, baptised John, son of John and Sophia DEVERELL. Abode: Frome. Occupation weaver.

See below, there is one more which has gone out of order for some reason.

The link is http://www.freereg.org.uk

There is a site for the Frome Local Group and you might find more details by doing a search on this.

http://gomezsmart.myzen.co.uk

Jo

25 December 1827, baptised Benjamin, son of John and Sophia DEVERELL, Abode: Matthews Barton. Occupation weaver.

Offline ldowsett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: DEVERALL family Frome Somerset
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 January 10 07:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jo
Thank you for your reply, I didn't know how to check back for any replies and have only stumbled on this by accident whilst looking for another family.  I will follow up on the details you have given me and see if I can confirm them with James convict papers.

Thanking you
Leanne
KILLICK, OSBORN/E, DOWN, FLETCHER, DEVERELL, PASCHO, DARK, MUNDAY, DALY, KIELY

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 January 10 07:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Leanne,

A Big Welcome to RootsChat  ;D

Normally you will get a notification via email that you have received a reply. Some email providers see these notifications as spam so it may pay to check your junk mail file.  ;)

Another way is to log into RootsChat and at the top right of the page you will see

Welcome back, ldowsett you have XXX messages, X are new (This refers to PM's private messages - we use these to share personal details etc)

next you will see

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
  If you click on this line it will show you if you have had any replies you have not viewed

This may be John and Sophia's marriage

John DEVERELL = Sophia BABER 1 Oct 1820 Marston Bigot

Looks like John and Sophia end up in Aberystruth, Monmouthshire.

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fionamcl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 25 October 12 14:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Leanne from the other side of Australia.

My ancestor was John Deverell/all (what is the real spelling?!) from Frome, Somerset.

His daughter, Dorcas,(my great-great grandmother) was a sister of James and married into Cousins who migrated to Wales where my grandfather Arthur Dowling was born. His family came to Australia when he was 6. I've just discovered that he actually wasn't very Welsh but they were all from Somerset, England.

We must be cousins! I have a lot of information on Myheritage.

http://www.baberfamilytree.org/worldwide/top-england2.htm#richard

Regards

Fiona

Offline Parkybe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello Leanne, I hope you will get this message.  I am researching for a volunteer group called Outback Grave Markers and am currently working on some lonely graves in Arthur River.  I see James Deverell (various spelling) was your grandfather.  I would be interested in learning more about him.  All I have is what was in More Lonely Graves book.  We work really hard ensure our formation is accurate before adding people to our online database and placing a place where they are buried.
Please contact me.
Regards
Lyn Beard