Author Topic: Thomas Conlon marries Anne Berry in Tubberclaire  (Read 13694 times)

Offline Martag

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Conlon marries Anne Berry in Tubberclaire
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 10:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Bob,  yes, it looks like they could be siblings. I thought that the sponser on the last birth I listed, (Mary Conlon) could be the Mary I'm looking for. I know she would be very young to be a sponser, but that wasn't unusual for the time.  I'll keep looking, hopefully more info to come.  Oh, and my name is Martina Fuery (54)  :)

Offline Duffy C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 13:46 BST (UK) »
This is exciting that we may have a breakthrough. Keep up the good work. Bob

Offline Martag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 24 October 16 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Bob, the last time we had contact, was in July of this year, at that time, you were wondering about the marriage of Thomas Conlon and Anne Berry. (Although you may have come across the info you needed, since then) I have found the marriage, it took place on 24th October, 1847 in Tubberclair. There is nothing much recorded on the cert (no ages, parents names, occupations etc.) but the sponsers names are recorded.  They were, William Conlon and Bridget Carty.  Hope this helps a little       Martina Fuery

Offline Duffy C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 25 October 16 02:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you! I did find that before! Have you taken a DNA test yet? Bob

Offline Twooly

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 24 March 19 04:21 GMT (UK) »
On a recent 10/2018 trip to Ireland, we met a wonderful lady and her son.  She lives in a cottage across the street from the RC Church in Tubberlair. Her name is Rose Spollen. She has a wealth of information in her head of local history and local names. I have a connection to the Spollen family but I have not quite figured out exactly how. Also I believe a connection to the Seery family. My GGGrand parents were Humphrey and Margaret (Murphy) Plant and Thomas and (Judith Lynch?) Murphy. This is my first time on this site and I am not quite sure how to navigate, but thought I might just throw this in here in case it helps.

Offline BarryMoore

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 07 February 20 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Rose Conlon married my great great grandfather Edward McCann. I’m looking into my family tree at the moment and was delighted to see the information contained in this site. My name is George McCann son of Desmond McCann, son of George McCann, son of John McCann, son of Edward McCann.
John and Edward McCann lived in BarryMoore Kiltoom Co Roscommon house No s. 3,6 and 11. I have a Furey in the family as well. James Furey married Margaret Mary McCann sister of my grandfather George. We have Edward McCann born in 1832 and died in 1911 and Rose born in 1840 and died in 1923 approx. John McCann was born in America to Edward and Rose. They came back to Ireland and lived beside each other in BarryMoore ( beside Hodson Bay) and we’re registered in the 1901 and 1911 census forms with their children, ages etc.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.