Author Topic: Thomas Conlon marries Anne Berry in Tubberclaire  (Read 13742 times)

Offline Martag

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Conlon marries Anne Berry in Tubberclaire
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 July 16 12:37 BST (UK) »
Hi I see you have McCann in your list of connections to Conlon from Tubberclaire. I am trying to find information on my Gr. Gr.Grandmother Rose Conlon (date of birth unknown), she married Edward McCann (born 1831) from the same area. (Edwards parents were, Patrick McCann and Mary Seery) She had a sister Mary Conlon (born 1845), who married Thomas Davis. Her father's Name was Thomas Conlon, (they were from a farming background), but I don't know anything else about other members of her family, or Edward's family.  If any of this is is familiar to you or you know anything about these families, I'd be very grateful if you could share.  :)

Offline Duffy C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 July 16 16:08 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am betting they are related. Rose could be a sister or close cousin to my Thomas Conlon. My father lived there and he said there was more than two Conlon families that were not related. I doubt that. Our Conlons started out from Tang Parish around 1840's. Did you ever take the DNA test?

Offline Martag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 10 July 16 23:27 BST (UK) »
Hi, thank you for replying.  I thought the same when I saw your post, that Rose could be a sister, or cousin to Thomas.  (Wishful thinking maybe!).  I'm new to this site, I had just signed up, literally minutes before I read your post! :)  :)   I've been searching for Rose and her family for a very long time and getting nowhere!  I don't know where my Conlons started out, I had only been told they were from Benown/Tubberclaire area.   The furthest back I've been able to get is 1845, when Rose's sister Mary was born.  Oh, and about the DNA test, no, I've never taken it.

Offline Duffy C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 11 July 16 02:50 BST (UK) »
My folks settled in Benown as well but dead end in Thomas and hate to speculate. Where do you live? I am in New Jersey USA. What do you have facts wise? How do you know of the marriages you have? My father lived there for awhile too. Bob

Offline Martag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 11 July 16 11:08 BST (UK) »
Hi, any info I have for Rose and Mary came from my grandmother. I do have a record from ancestry, of Mary's marriage in 1869, to Tom Davis from Kilkenny west. The marriage took place in Glasson. Rose, on the other hand, went to the US in 1857 with Edward McCann. They arrived in New York, but settled in Boston. They stayed six years, before returning to Ireland. I don't know if they married before going or when they arrived in the US. (No definite records stateside). They had two children there.(same story with records). I have records for Rose, from 1864 onwards and for Mary from her marriage onwards. Nothing before 1864, apart from Mary's date of birth. (1845).

Offline Martag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 11 July 16 11:24 BST (UK) »
Hi, forgot to mention that I' m in Ireland, in Westmeath!  :)  I have been in touch with the church in Tubberclair, they have nothing on Rose. They do have a record for Mary's marriage and the baptism records for her children. Nothing though to give any clues before that. Nothing in the state records either. I seem to be hitting brick walls everywhere!

Offline Duffy C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 11 July 16 16:53 BST (UK) »
My grandfather Mike Conlon born in 1895 lived in cottage across the road from the Benown House. Can you check marriage of Tom Conlon to Anne Berry in about 1847. I was hoping to see if it had there ages, parents names, and possibly sponsors. They were married in Tubberclaire. I was there in 1972. I was about to be 12. What other family names do to have as relatives? Berry, Ganly, Murray, Spollen, Berry, Carty?

Offline Martag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 11 July 16 22:37 BST (UK) »
Hi, I checked from 1845-50 for Anne and Tom's marriage, no luck yet, but I have found three baptism's that may be for their children. The first one was for Michael Conlon, baptised, 28th May, 1850, registered in Kilkenny West, for the parish's of Benown, Glasson, Kilkenny West and Tubberclair. (sponsers were Catherine Berry and Patt Dunne) Then, William Conlon, 19th February, 1854 (sponsers were Marcella Conlon and Christopher Berry) and Mary Conlon, 25th March 1856. (Sponsers were Mary Conlon and Edward Ennis) All born to Thomas Conlon and Anne Berry. Does any of this look like it could be for your Tom and Anne?  The only other family names I have been given are the McCann and Davis families I mentioned in an earlier post.

Offline Duffy C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 02:26 BST (UK) »
Definitely my folks. Thanks. They also sound like yours as well with the Kilkenny West, Benown and Tubberclaire. Please keep looking and anything that mentions families above. Betting they are related to you too. Betting Conlons and Berry sponsors are siblings. By the way you never mentioned you name and age. I am Bob Conlon and 55.