Author Topic: Photos  (Read 3446 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Photos
« Reply #9 on: Friday 18 March 05 07:02 GMT (UK) »
What wonderful photos!!! I love the old black and whites.  Unfortunately, all mine are framed and on the wall - so I will have to start scanning them so I can post them here.

Thanks to Tariana for starting this thread - maybe we should have a Photos Board on Rootschat - Trystan are you reading this, and what do you think????? :D

I'm off to start scanning now.......................... ;)

Jan :)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Tariana

• RootsChat Extra
  • My namesake, Miss Abbie Baity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 18 March 05 09:09 GMT (UK) »
the one in the middle is my grandfather. On either side are two of his brothers.
John Bill, Glenn Boyd, Lee Roy

A war photo. The shorter one is my first cousin, twice removed. Blanton Smith. Even though I have it as Bowers, his father.

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 March 05 21:00 GMT (UK) »
My father,together with my aunties and uncles.Probably taken around 1913 in Welshpool,
Montgomeryshire.Nearly forgot---Dad is the little one in the middle.
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline Jaki

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 27 March 05 11:14 BST (UK) »
This is a photo of my father and his parents.

From left to right

My father, his mother Martha Fryer Sample and his father William Shipp.  This is one of the few photos i have of my paternal grandparents.

Jaki
<i>OK Charles Henry Kingwell when did you arrive in Australia????</i><br /><b>Coates</b> - Warwickshire, Staffordshire??<br /><b>Hall</b> - Warwickshire, Yorkshire<br /><b>Hirst</b> - Yorkshire<br /><b>Kingwell, Bulley, Bunce</b> - Devon<br /><b>Sample</b> - Northumberland, Durham<br /><b>Shipp</b> - Gloucester<br /><b>MacGillivray, Grant, Forbes, McBean</b> - Scotland

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 30 March 05 22:41 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D

Sadly, all the photos of my maternal grandfather, Charles Henry Williamson,were, unfortunately, lost, but I do have these of his mother Harriet Williamson (nee' Buckley), and his brother James Arthur Williamson.

:D :D :D
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 31 March 05 08:51 BST (UK) »
After over 50 years of only knowing his name, I discover d this photo (the one and only !)
of my grandfather, taken sometime beween 1914 and 1918:

John Henry Coleman (1888 - 1931)

Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline lovin lass

• I am sorry but my email is not working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 April 05 12:59 BST (UK) »
what fantastic pictures and all in amazin condition have a few of my own can you let me know how to put them on here
best wishes angie
hewitts of birmingham
jones of ladywood
beddows of birmingham
harrison of birmingham
gibsons of birmingham

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 19 April 05 20:02 BST (UK) »
Hi angie,

try this link, and if that doesn't work, ask us again.

Beginners / How to Use RootsChat / Adding images to Posting & Profiles

Good Luck !
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)