Author Topic: Belfast Directorys after 1911  (Read 4670 times)

Offline kingdav

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Belfast Directorys after 1911
« on: Friday 29 January 10 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Would someone be able to check Belfast Directories for a John Rowley FAULKNER (or alternate spelling) after 1911?     

In 1911, John & family were in the DED of Victoria (co Down) which appears to be in the eastern part of Belfast.   He was listed as an Army Pensioner with wife and 9 children. 

Thanks. 
King & Bruce families of Hunts
King family of Torquay, Devon & Ontario, Canada & NZ

Offline wb54

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Belfast Directorys after 1911
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 March 10 21:12 GMT (UK) »
hello kingdav, found j r faulkner at 8 church street east in the 1911 census, look up nationalarchives.ie - 1911 census enter name , hope it helps .regards william
ballance-belfast,derry,tyrone.parsons-dublin,belfast.lucas-tyrone,belfast.davidson-belfast,newcastle-upon-tyne.rankin-holy island,newcastle-upon-tyne.aitchison-belford,newcastle-upon-tyne,gateshead.harbottle-belford,northumberland, nz & australia.

Offline kingdav

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 March 10 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks William.   Your help is appreciated.

Offline annie49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 March 11 02:12 BST (UK) »
My maternal GG Grandfather is John Rowley Faulkner Snr, married to Jane Ross 13th Jan 1888. He was a Sgt in the 2nd Battalion RIF at St Camp Aldershot at the time of his marriage. Their dtr Gertrude Annie was my Great Grandmother.  Are you related to this family ???

Anne
Australia
Boyd, Courtenay, Downey, Faulkner, McDade, Mackenzie, Pascoe, Patterson

Offline wb54

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 March 11 18:42 BST (UK) »
hello annie49, welcome to rootschat, wb54 here saw your message and looked this up for you .go to "nationalarchives.ie. look for the 1901/11 census look up, enter, john rowley faulkner. co-down, the year you want 1911.this will bring the page up with all  in that house,go down to household returns and enter. the census should should john and his family. you can check the 1901 just change the date .hope it helps you .regards william
ballance-belfast,derry,tyrone.parsons-dublin,belfast.lucas-tyrone,belfast.davidson-belfast,newcastle-upon-tyne.rankin-holy island,newcastle-upon-tyne.aitchison-belford,newcastle-upon-tyne,gateshead.harbottle-belford,northumberland, nz & australia.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 27 March 11 19:37 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Anne. Kingdav who started this thread hasn't been online since March 2010 but hopefully they will see your post and reply.

The original request was for directories after 1911 (not the census records). Some earlier ones available online are listed under Resources-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,369534.0.html
PRONI also has earlier directories but post-1911 ones don't seem to be online and it's usually a matter of going to PRONI or local libraries in Northern Ireland for this sort of material unless a fellow Rootschatter has a particular directory intheir own collection.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline kingdav

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 22 October 11 00:17 BST (UK) »
Hello to annie49:

Your post was brought to my attention -- haven't checked the rootschat site for a while but thought I would get notifications of new posts.   I guess not ...

I am not related to this family but am helping out a family friend (a Faulkner) who is a descendant of John Rowley Faulkner through his son, Thomas who came to Canada in 1929.   

Please contact me directly if you like at (*) .   I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Glenn

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline annie49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 22 October 11 06:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Glen, am currently answering your email to your private address.  Thanks Anne :D
Boyd, Courtenay, Downey, Faulkner, McDade, Mackenzie, Pascoe, Patterson

Offline kingdav

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 23 October 11 04:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks Annie49:

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Glenn