Author Topic: Richard Waller - painter  (Read 19653 times)

Offline Kali Alex

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Waller - painter
« Reply #36 on: Monday 02 December 13 02:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I'm making an investigation about Richard Waller, connected with my History of art studies in the National Academy of Arts in Bulgaria. In the public records of Sofia Art Gallery, I came across a portrait, signed with his name. The portrait is drawn in 1852, and it displays a woman called Wilhelmine. I would like to send you photos of the portrait and the inscriptions on the back, if this is possible. That's how you'll manage to see it and say if this is Richard W. for real. I would be very thankful if you have any additional info about R.W., because everything I have is his biography from Skipton's history and his portraits in BBC website. It is a problem that this issue hasn't been disguisseed in a while and I can not manage to open many of the links. I would really appreciate your help, if this does not bother you :) Thank you in advance.

Offline Kali Alex

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 04 December 13 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Is there anybody out there?  :)

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 30 December 13 23:38 GMT (UK) »
just came across this, im researching my 1st cousin 4x removed George Spencer, and found that the Yorkshire Evening Post dated 15 April 1899, have a piece on George Spencer how he was a policeman come artist, what it does say is that Richard lived George for 14 years. and my george recieved much valuable instructions from Richard.

just looking at the picture in the newpsaper article, of George spencer, did you ever find out who the beared man was?

Weenie
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline ceebee.1444

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 28 April 14 12:39 BST (UK) »
Richard Waller was living as a boarder with George Spencer in the 1881 Census at 23 Port Street Skipton. I have Richard Waller's death cert and G Spencer is named as the informant and present at death.

Offline happysnapperjb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 29 March 19 17:37 GMT (UK) »
I have been doing some research on my great granduncle; Richard Waller (1811-1882) who was a painter and inventor, I have done a fair bit of research but there are some things that I am not having much luck with or have hit a brick wall with.

Hi there,  I have a painting that is signed R Waller 1873.  I don't know anything about him, other than what you have written on this Forum and I cannot find any similar work to this on the internet.  I have put photographs of the painting on my website http://janebuchanan.co.uk/r-waller-painting
Do you think that is his signature?

Regards
Jane

Offline happysnapperjb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 28 April 19 17:14 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Had a bit of trouble replying to your message.

The painting belonged to my Paternal Grandmother who then passed to my Dad then to me. 
That's all I know.

Regards
Jane