Author Topic: LEPINE  (Read 33183 times)

Offline Brickwall Demolisher

• RootsChat Member
  • Becoming possibly more extinct each day.?
    • View Profile
Re: LEPINE
« Reply #45 on: Monday 08 January 18 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Jon

Again thank you for all your info. -- On the above, would you be able to supply the details of the children from both the Stephen Lepine b1792 two marriages of Lucy Pawley and Married Allen ? Many thanks   J

Jon,
Many Many thanks again,
  Are you / do you have the information of what 2 Son's received the inheritance, or can you tell me where the best place to start to look for this info, please ????

Best Regards,     JUST J

Here you go...

Children of Stephen Lepine (1792-1861):

With first wife Lucy Pawley\Lepine (1793–1825) who he married in 1812

1. Rev. Stephen Lepine (1813–1895)
2. William Lepine (1815–1815/29)
3. John Lepine (1818–1839)
4. Eliza Lepine (1820–?)
5. George Lepine (1823–1886)

With second wife Mary Allen\Lepine (c1801/2–?) who he married in 1827:

6. James Lepine (1827–aft 1861)
7. William Lepine (1829–?)
8. Edward Lepine (1832–?)
9. Marianne\Mary Ann Lepine\Dane (1834–?)
10. Robert Lepine (1836–1865)
11. Maria Lepine\Reynolds (1838–aft 1863)
12. Angelina Lepine (1842–1851)
13. Henry Lepine (1845–?)
Maycock LAMBETH 1700-1960's
Burcham NORFOLK ??/LAMBETH 1700 - 1960's
Wentzell CRIPPLEGATE/SOUTHWARK 1700-1960's
Sadler CAMBERWELL / LEWISHAM 1700 - 1960's
Elliott WALWORTH / 1700 -1960's
Lepine FRANCE/KENT/WALWORTH/1550's-1950's
Barnes DORSET / WALWORTH
Roberts GLAMORGAN,WALES

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 08 January 18 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Jon,
Many Many thanks again,
  Are you / do you have the information of what 2 Son's received the inheritance, or can you tell me where the best place to start to look for this info, please ????

Best Regards,     JUST J

The information is on his probate can be found at the link below and you can also order a copy of the will form the site. The names on this are for the executors but I don't know what the will says.

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Calendar?surname=lepine&yearOfDeath=1861&page=6#calendar

The probate shows he had effects of less than £200. Using the National Archives currency converter, this would have been the equivalent of £8,632.00 in 2005.

The document shows that he was of the Queen Ann Inn in Maidstone. There is still a Queen Ann pub in Maidstone which is presumably the same place.

Kind regards,
Jon

Offline shervic

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 21 July 19 15:37 BST (UK) »
Tracing the Lepine family if anyone can help with the history of  Jean Lepine who married Marie Bonte on 9th August 1668

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 19 August 19 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Shervic,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you, but it has been a very busy few months.

Your line goes:

Jehan de Lespine born before c1554 in La Gorgue, France. He is presumably the Jan de Lespine who was granted permission to reside in Canterbury, Kent on 18 October 1583. (Huguenot Proceedings 77 Vol XXII Issue 4 1973-4 pp.313)

His son Jaques de Lespine born before c1673 in La Gorgue, France, died Cantebury 1601 married Canterbury in 1591 Catherine Delbeq (b. bef 1673 Sailly, France, m. Francois de Richbourg 1602, d. after 1602). They had 4 daughters and 1 son.

Their son Jan/Jean de Lespine born Canterbury 1594 died Canterbury 1655 married as his first wife Jaqueline Bariselle (b. bef c1612 in Lille, d. 1632 Canterbury) in Canterbury in 1630. They had 3 sons. Jean remarried Susanna Susanne le Grand c1632-1635 but I have never found their marriage.

Jean and Jaqueline's son Jean Delepine/Lepine born Canterbury 1632 died Canterbury 1710 married Marie Bonte (b. 1649 Canterbury, died 1711/12 Canterbury.) in Canterbury in 1668. They had 9 sons and 4 daughters.

Kind regards,
Jon

Offline AdrianTupper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 09:32 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone, especially Jon whose posts I have just discovered.

I too am descended from the Lepines. My great grandfather was Frank Lepine Woodhouse and my line via his mother Ruth goes back to Jehan in La Gorgue as Jon documents.

My mother researched the family in the 1990s and I have picked up her work. She is still alive but does not research the family any more. Her mother was Maude Woodhouse, daughter of Frank Lepine Woodhouse.

My recent interest is the "Canterbury era" and the families the Lepines married. Namely the Bontιs, the Galmars/Gallemars and the Sixes. These families seemed to intermarry quite a bit. They all come from around Lille, especially Wambrechies. But I can't get any further back than Thomas Six, born 1532. I think the connection between him and the Sixes on Familysearch is wrong.

Anyway, if anyone is reading this thread still, I would be delighted to share what I have.

Adrian

Offline AdrianTupper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 09:46 BST (UK) »
Hi,

My 2c2r, Elizabeth Bellingham Grout married Frank Lepine Woodhouse in Sept 1891, both were born in Redhill/Reigate Surrey in about 1868.
Frank's parents were James Woodhouse (b.abt 1820 in Warwickshire) and Ruth Lepine (b.1826 in Paddington, Middlesex). They had married in Jan 1847 in Paddington, Ruth's father was shown as Stephen Lepine, a Cordwainer. On Ruth's baptism her mother was shown as Abigail.
I haven't looked any further back than Stephen & Abigail.
One of Frank & Elizabeth's daughter, Edith Ruth Woodhouse ended up in Australia with her 2 sons (via Hong Kong)
It would be interesting to find out which branch of the Lepine clan they come from.

Cheers
Maurice

That would be my (great) Aunt Edith, known as Ruth. The sons are still there, Ian and ?John?. One made a lot of money truffle farming. They are my mother's cousins and still in touch.

Ruth and her sister Maude were working in HK in 1930. Maude (my grandmother) married Albert Jillott, prison officer. They all fled HK to Australia before the Japanese invasion. My mother's family moved back to HK then to the UK in the early 1950s. We have bits of family in Australia to this day.

Offline PUGface

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 08 January 24 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi, just searched LEPINE & found this thread. My Great Great Great Grandfather was Edward Lepine from Maidstone Kent. His daughter was my Great Great Grandmother Elizabeth Ellen Lepine. She married John Goddard at St Nicholas Church in Gloucester 1871. There is no record of her death that I can find. Elizabeth & John had a son Alfred Thomas Goddard born 16th April 1891 . He was their youngest & my Great Grandfather who passed on 30th October 1967. He married Laura Lane & their eldest daughter Lillian Goddard (my Grandmother) was born July 2nd 1917. She married Walter Lawrence & their only son Trevor Lawrence was born 17th May 1940. Trevor is my father & I'm his youngest son Derek. Looks like username "Kaytay" may be a distant relation. Please feel free to comment. Thanks in advance Derek Lawrence   

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 30 January 24 03:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi, just searched LEPINE & found this thread. My Great Great Great Grandfather was Edward Lepine from Maidstone Kent. His daughter was my Great Great Grandmother Elizabeth Ellen Lepine. She married John Goddard at St Nicholas Church in Gloucester 1871. There is no record of her death that I can find.

Looking at ancestry trees, they have her death as Elizabeth E. Goddard aged 75 in the September 1927 quarter in Gloucester. She is in the electoral roll at 5 Sabrina Cottages in Gloucester with John Goddard, so this does seem to be correct from what I have seen. But you should double check this.

Offline PUGface

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 30 January 24 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks that's very helpful. I can update the family tree  :)