Author Topic: Ross family  (Read 15329 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ross family
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 07 February 10 12:17 GMT (UK) »
This looks like a possible marriage of the couple on the 1841..found on familysearch

John ROSS
Christian STEEL

9 Dec 1839 OLD MACHAR

Extracted from the parish records

Susan

I'm not sure about this one. It could be that the marriage is just not there - many aren't because they were not C of S. None of the children's baptisms show which is another sign of this.

Gadget

I think it might be - John Ross is listed as a plasterer on the banns entry.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline MissBea

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 07 February 10 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for all your help, I will add the Steel surname and see if I can back it up at a later date, do you know where the marriage took place, the church etc?
C. Antrim/Ireland - McKillen, Kane, O'Kane, O'Neil, Coyle, Mallin, Donnelly, McMullen,
Scotland - Barnes, McKillen, Kean, Ross, Steel
England - Beards, Edwards, Clarke, Chinn, Chatham, McKillen, Bruton, Insull, Morgan, Tipple, Jarvis, Burgess, Hall, Walker, Swain, Morris, Kean, Kingett, Davies, Ryder.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 07 February 10 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sam

If you PM me your e-mail, I can send you a copy.

He was living Huntly Street and she was of Summer Street - both Old Machar. They were married by the Rev Henry Angus, Minister of the U T (?) Church.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 07 February 10 13:17 GMT (UK) »
I can't think of or find any denomination - past or present that is U. T so  I think it must be U F - United Free Church. The cross bar has somehow been missed off and it appears as a T.

Gadget

Offline MissBea

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 08 February 10 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Gadget :-)
C. Antrim/Ireland - McKillen, Kane, O'Kane, O'Neil, Coyle, Mallin, Donnelly, McMullen,
England - Beards, Edwards, Clarke, Chinn, Chatham, McKillen, Bruton, Insull, Morgan, Tipple, Jarvis, Burgess, Hall, Walker, Swain, Morris, Kean, Kingett, Davies, Ryder.

Offline MissBea

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 00:43 GMT (UK) »
Updates:

John Ross's parents I have as Grace and John Ross with John being a sailor when his son is baptised in 1812.

For Christina, I have her parents as Margaret Morrison and Peter Steel. I have Peter's parents as Agnes Lumsden and William Steel.