Author Topic: CLIFFORD FAMILY FROM CARCHIVEEN  (Read 30574 times)

Offline suzlove

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CLIFFORD FAMILY FROM CARCHIVEEN
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 13 June 20 17:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary from Atlanta.  During this Covid time I have been putting together the history of my dad's side of the family.  He was a Sagerson from Johnstown, PA.  His father Robert Sigerson was in the Civil War and received his pay check written to Sagerson.  He thought it would be easier to change his name rather than get the check changed.  He was probably right about that. We also have lots of correspondence from Christopher Tenley.  On line I found the story Christopher sent us of Sigurd the "Dragon Slayer".  My mom thinks it must be true because Sigurd, an ancestor, after slaying the dragon, was able to speak to the animals... and my sister is a veterinarian in Spokane, WA.  In all of Chris's correspondence, I haven't been able to straighten out his lineage or that of Daniel O'Connell's.  All so confusing especially when all the names are the same.  Any chance you have that figured out?  I'm getting close to being done, having had so much time at home.

Offline suzlove

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 24 June 20 19:59 BST (UK) »
Sorry, if anybody cares I made a mistake in my note to Mary from Atlanta.  It was my father's grandfather who fought in the Civil War.  Three generations of Robert Sagersons from Johnstown, PA, and three wars: Civil War,  WWI and WWII.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 25 June 20 09:11 BST (UK) »

I am seeking information on Edward, I believe his wife was Hanora.  I am seeking her maiden name and anything related to Edward's  or Hanora's life and ancestors.

Party 1 Name   EDMOND SEGERSON
Party 2 Name   HONORA SHEA
Date of Event   14 February 1877
SR District/Reg Area   Caherciveen
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1877/11130/8075248.pdf

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline gingerclifford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 25 June 20 18:59 BST (UK) »
Hello all,
Thank you for your messages. I have been ill but back now. Hope to get chatting to you soon.

GingerClifford x
Carchiveen, Kerry, Cork, Sigerson, Clifford,