Author Topic: reilly family in magheracloone  (Read 9734 times)

Offline jmcriley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: reilly family in magheracloone
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 March 21 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello all - great to see family members connecting!  I have a longshot question: it's looking like my Monaghan Reilly/Rileys were from Magheracloone, emigrated to Boston area in the 1860s and 70s.  Does anyone have family memory of a Patrick Riley who married Catherine Raverty and had at least two children, Patrick and Margaret (both born sometime around 1845).  According to what I believe are their birth records, their godparents were Hugh Reilly and Mary Power, Barny Raverty and Mary Winn.  Does any of this ring any bells with anyone?  It also looks like Patrick and Margaret may have had siblings John, James and Catherine.  Thanks!

Offline qshaun

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 31 August 23 23:37 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. My family were the MARTINs of DERRYNASCOBE and were great friends of the REILLYs. I have a family photo from my aunt’s wedding which Rosie is in. The phot you have posted above, is it of John?

Thanks,

Shaun Martin

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 September 23 09:12 BST (UK) »

My family were the MARTINs of DERRYNASCOBE....

Derrynascobe townland in the civil parish of Magheracloone, in the Barony of Farney, in County Monaghan.

https://www.townlands.ie/monaghan/farney/magheracloone/enagh/derrynascobe/

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo