Author Topic: Richard Henry BEARE-not mine?  (Read 6860 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Henry BEARE-not mine?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 14 February 10 03:38 GMT (UK) »
Electoral Rolls show:

BEARE Henry
, miner, 38 Tarleton St, Zeehan.  Mary at same address

BEARE Richard Henry
, labourer, at Quayle St, Hobart South. 
Also at same address
BEARE Mary, domestic duties; Alfred Henry, sawmill hand; Robert William, telegraphist

Quayle St remains the address for Richard and Mary until 1937 at least, (later according to the undertaker's records)

Cheers, Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 14 February 10 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to both of you for that.

The undertakers records show that he had 2 sons living and 1 son dead but I have only  information about 2 which are Alfred Henry born 1893 died 1864 Beaconsfield and Robert William 1894 born Zeeham.
There does seem to be a gap between Robert and his sister Annie.

Robert William was in Melbourne and he died in 1945. Information in a newspaper regarding his death gives the names of his sons. Will it be possible for someone to tell which way I can find if there are Beare's related to these people please?
The names are in the newspaper but I don't know if I should mention them here in case they are still alive.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Correction - Marys age at marriage
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 16 February 10 01:14 GMT (UK) »

Mary is 21 at marriage - misread my own scrawl. They have a child born in Zeehan 1894. The west coast was a very isolated place in those days and I have had numerous instances of absence of births, but children who turn up in school attendance records, complete with date of birth and parents names. So the missing son might have been born there. The children of Robert William, died melbourne 1945, will be harder to find as the births will not appear in any indexes - too recent - similarly marriages most likely.
Wm Robert Beare and Trixie Johnstone m. Woollahra (NSW) 1926 so the three sons would be young when father died. I wonder if Trixie remarried in Victoria, or maybe they returned to NSW where there might be her family. I cannot see any of the three sons marrying in NSW or Victoria. I suspect that it is getting too close to living people for public records to find them - maybe phone book entries?

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 16 February 10 11:17 GMT (UK) »
I have had a look at the online newspaper again and the date of the death notice for William Robert Beare was Tuesday the 20th Feb 1945 and the funeral was the same day. The family were living at 6,Creswick Street,Hawthorn.

I then looked at the Springvale Botanical cemetery listings and  William Robert Beare's  was there.

There were also funerals for other Beare - male -2007 and 1992 who have the similar christian names as William's sons. These have 2 christian names each but in the death notice only one christian name was used. So I think that it is a good chance that these are his sons. (Again I thought it best not to leave names.)

A reply to one of the other posts I left was that Trixie remarried someone surname Murray and Trixie was cremated at Springvale Botanical  cemetery.

Offline crashlander

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 19 December 13 05:26 GMT (UK) »
My Father, Geoffrey W Beare, died in 2007 and was (is?) a direct descendant of Richard Henry Beare. The other one (1992) was my Uncle, Robert John Beare. There was a 3rd brother, Peter, who died in 2009 and is buried in Lilydale Cemetry. They all recall visiting Zeehan (Tasmania) as  they had ancestors who owned pubs there.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 19 December 13 06:32 GMT (UK) »
TROVE has:

Death Notice for Mary Elizabeth BEARE, widow of Richard Henry BEARE, died 12 Feb, 1945, of Sandy Bay.
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/25950366

There is a will for Richard Henry BEARE of Sandy Bay d. 1937. He leaves all to his wife for her lifetime and then to his children: Robert William BEARE, Annie BEARE and Alfred Henry BEARE.
http://portal.archives.tas.gov.au/menu.aspx?search=9

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 19 December 13 17:29 GMT (UK) »
We are distantly related crashlander ;D
Richard Henry Beare was a brother to  my great-grandmother Amelia Jane Beare. There is  an Australian online newspaper report about a Beare, whose name I can't bring to mind,in a  pub with a relation and someone came to  to take him home. I can't find it now ::)
I have no photographs bar one of another sister to Richard Henry Beare which is a shame because it would have been nice to see what these people looked like and if a resemblance has been passed down.
Thank you for the death notice judb. I have already found the wills and there are other members of the family there as well. :)

Offline crashlander

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 21 December 13 09:45 GMT (UK) »
We are distantly related crashlander ;D
Richard Henry Beare was a brother to  my great-grandmother Amelia Jane Beare. There is  an Australian online newspaper report about a Beare, whose name I can't bring to mind,in a  pub with a relation and someone came to  to take him home. I can't find it now ::)
I have no photographs bar one of another sister to Richard Henry Beare which is a shame because it would have been nice to see what these people looked like and if a resemblance has been passed down.
Thank you for the death notice judb. I have already found the wills and there are other members of the family there as well. :)
Greetings, (4th?) Cousin, from Bendigo (Vic). Hope you have had more joy tracing family history than I have so far. Of Amelia Jane Beare, I have discovered that she married a man called Edward Matthews and had at least 1 daughter.
I have to take my daughters out to look at the Christmas Lights now. Live Long and Prosper!

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Henry BEARE-not mine? Is mine!
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 22 December 13 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Edward Matthews married Amelia Jane Beare and their children are Annie  Beadon,Edward J,John H (my line)and Amelia JB.
Edward's wife Amelia Jane Beare died in 1895 and he married again.