Author Topic: Need Advice on connecting HEDGES brothers #2  (Read 75209 times)

Offline Emma Conroy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Need Advice on connecting HEDGES brothers #2
« Reply #306 on: Friday 14 April 17 19:18 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have a bit of info about them Jacquie but not too much.

My email address is  if you are able to email me.

Emma

Offline jacquiet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: Friday 14 April 17 19:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks Emma will email you 👍

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: Friday 14 April 17 19:23 BST (UK) »
Emma, you need to remove your e-mail otherwise you are likely to be inundated with spam as it can be seen by anyone doing a search on the internet.

From Rootschat guidance

Please do not include personal contact details in postings.
This includes e-mail addresses, postal addresses, telephone numbers, etc.

The moderators will delete personal data.
Please use the Personal Messages (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Once you contact  jacquiet by PM then you can swap e-mail addresses
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Emma Conroy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: Friday 14 April 17 19:52 BST (UK) »

Offline jacquiet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: Friday 14 April 17 19:54 BST (UK) »

Offline Orontes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Need Advice on connecting HEDGES brothers
« Reply #311 on: Monday 19 February 18 05:40 GMT (UK) »
hi according to Bearkat's link we have this info;

Sarah Jane HEDGES (b 1854 Ware Herts) d/o Joseph HEDGES and Emily LINTON
married Joseph Crane Lane in 1871 , Romford

Joseph her dad was s/o WILLIAM HEDGES  (Joseph bc 1818 maybe Cambridge area)

Joseph Hedges and Emily Linton (married 1838) had : Mary Ann, Emily, George, Joseph, William Ann, Henry Matthew, Sarah Jane /Jane

ummmmm arrghhhhh

deb
Hi there, not sure who asked the question, but My great grandmother was Sarah Jane Lane nee Hedges.  For many years several of us were looking over the Braintree, Essex lot of Hedges, I think it was as they had a Joseph and several other members who matched.  We could never find our Sarah Jane until the 1851 Census came into vogue on the net and there she was  at Ware Hertford, with the rest of her family.  Then in the 1871 census, they decided on a name change and became BIRD.  this was picked up by another of my first cousins wives who very cleverly took all the christian names without a surname in the 1871 census and the whole family showed up as BIRD.  I wouldn't know why this was.  Maybe could have been his mothers maiden name.Elizabeth the daughter was blind, so maybe was trying to keep her out of the workhouse. Don't know.  Anyway Sarah Jane Hedges married my Great Grandfather who was born in 1839, son of Charles Lane and Mary Ann Crane.  Sarah was his second wife, he had been married before with a daughter Martha. who was born in Colchester in 1865. 
Joseph Crane Lane was in the first Royal Scots for 20 years 1861 to 1881.  Sarah Jane HEDGES and all the 9 children were on all posts with him.. They had children born in Scotland, Ireland and England. She was a Tailoress.  My grandfather Joseph Henry LANE was born at Fort George, Inverness, Scotland, in 1875. Off hand Sarah and Joseph were married in 1872 but down in Essex. 
I haven't got past c1818 for the birth of Joseph HEDGES, but once saw a birth of a Elizabeth in Ely in Cambridge who I wondered if she had been his sister.  Now this is the family for Joseph and Emily Linton.
Joseph HEDGES c1818 Cambridge? (sawyer)
married Emily Linton 24 Sep;t 1838 All Saints & Saint John, Hertford, Hertford, Eng. Husbands father William HEDGES.His wife Emily LINTON c1815 christened 8 October 1815, All Saints, St John, Hertford, Hertford. Father Thomas LINTON

Children Chr St John &All Saints, probably Ware, Hertford
Mary Ann, HEDGES, chr 1 Sept 1839, Hertford, Hertford
George HEDGES c1841 Hertford, (Sawyer) married Sarah Ann HEDGES
Joseph HEDGES  16 October 1842. St John & All Saints Hertford

William HEDGES  b8 December 1844, ch 5 Jan  1845 Parish of Brickendon, Hertford, married Isabell Bardell, 6 April 1875 St James Bethnal Green, Her father was James Bardell.  In 1891 census, William he was a Brick maker and Brick Layer. Isabella was born 27 Oct 1854, Ware, Hertfod.  I have ten children for them.

Now this is the important part.  I have the death cert for Joseph Hedges BIRD, 1886 aged 69,  Informant was his son in law Joseph LANE my GT GF. He died of Bronchitis.  Died at looks like Picketts Yard, Brentwood. Reg Dist, Billericay. County of Essex. I have Emily his wifes death cert as well.  they were both BIRD at death. She died 7 August 1885. Cancer

Ann HEDGES ch 10 June 1849 Ware, Hertford
Henry Mathew HEDGES ch 10 Aug 1851
Emily HEDGES  ch21 FEb 1847 Hertford married 1868 to John BERRY

Sarah Jane HEDGES 1854, married Joseph Crane LANE, 1sdt Royal Scots.  On Josephs death,  Sarah was a widow at age 42, her  2nd husband at the age of 79 was David Theobold. 
Elizabeth HEDGE 18 May 1856 Ware, Hertford.  She was blind from birth.

That should do for now

Offline Orontes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: Monday 19 February 18 07:34 GMT (UK) »

Joseph her dad was s/o WILLIAM HEDGES  (Joseph bc 1818 maybe Cambridge area)

Joseph Hedges and Emily Linton (married 1838) had : Mary Ann, Emily, George, Joseph, William Ann, Henry Matthew, Sarah Jane /Jane

ummmmm arrghhhhh

deb
Hi there, not sure who asked the question, but My great grandmother was Sarah Jane Lane nee Hedges.  For many years several of us were looking over the Braintree, Essex lot of Hedges, I think it was as they had a Joseph and several other members who matched.  We could never find our Sarah Jane until the 1851 Census came into vogue on the net and there she was  at Ware Hertford, with the rest of her family.  Then in the 1871 census, they decided on a name change and became BIRD.  this was picked up by another of my first cousins wives who very cleverly took all the christian names without a surname in the 1871 census and the whole family showed up as BIRD.  I wouldn't know why this was.  Maybe could have been his mothers maiden name.Elizabeth the daughter was blind, so maybe was trying to keep her out of the workhouse. Don't know.  Anyway Sarah Jane Hedges married my Great Grandfather who was born in 1839, son of Charles Lane and Mary Ann Crane.  Sarah was his second wife, he had been married before with a daughter Martha. who was born in Colchester in 1865. 
Joseph Crane Lane was in the first Royal Scots for 20 years 1861 to 1881.  Sarah Jane HEDGES and all the 9 children were on all posts with him.. They had children born in Scotland, Ireland and England. She was a Tailoress.  My grandfather Joseph Henry LANE was born at Fort George, Inverness, Scotland, in 1875. Off hand Sarah and Joseph were married in 1872 but down in Essex. 
I haven't got past c1818 for the birth of Joseph HEDGES, but once saw a birth of a Elizabeth in Ely in Cambridge who I wondered if she had been his sister.  Now this is the family for Joseph and Emily Linton.
married Emily Linton 24 Sep;t 1838 All Saints & Saint John, Hertford, Hertford, Eng. Husbands father William HEDGES.His wife Emily LINTON c1815 christened 8 October 1815, All Saints, St John, Hertford, Hertford. Father Thomas LINTON

William HEDGES  b8 December 1844, ch 5 Jan  1845 Parish of Brickendon, Hertford, married Isabell Bardell, 6 April 1875 St James Bethnal Green, Her father was James Bardell.  In 1891 census, William he was a Brick maker and Brick Layer. Isabella was born 27 Oct 1854, Ware, Hertfod.  I have ten children for them.

Now this is the important part.  I have the death cert for Joseph Hedges BIRD, 1886 aged 69,  Informant was his son in law Joseph LANE my GT GF. He died of Bronchitis.  Died at looks like Picketts Yard, Brentwood. Reg Dist, Billericay. County of Essex. I have Emily his wifes death cert as well.  they were both BIRD at death. She died 7 August 1885. Cancer

Sarah Jane HEDGES 1854, married Joseph Crane LANE, 1sdt Royal Scots.  On Josephs death,  Sarah was a widow at age 42, her  2nd husband at the age of 79 was David Theobold. 

That should do for now
Since Iwrote the above , I have read al;l 35 posts.  I see to have any contact or reply I haveto do another two posts, so this is one.

Offline Orontes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: Monday 19 February 18 07:35 GMT (UK) »

Joseph her dad was s/o WILLIAM HEDGES  (Joseph bc 1818 maybe Cambridge area)

ummmmm arrghhhhh

deb

That should do for now
Since Iwrote the above , I have read al;l 35 posts.  I see to have any contact or reply I haveto do another two posts, so this is one.
Hello again. Post number three.  I note this thread is a very old one, but hope some of my lot will jump on the wagon.  It is more than likely we are all related anyway.

Offline Ghedges

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: Saturday 23 July 22 21:11 BST (UK) »
I have only just registered on here so I’m not sure how this works. But I may have some information on the hedges family, depending on what you are looking for. Elias Hedges, Elijahs younger brother was my great grandfather

Hi, I have just registered to roots so I hope this works. Maisie Hedges was my Mother. Elijha and Charlotte were my Grandparents. Please let me know if you have any info about this part of the Hedges family

Jacquie xx
Hi

I'm after information about the Hedges family. I don't know if they are the same Hedges family or not though.

I have Elijah Hedges and possibly Charlotte Bibby whose children were Olive Hedges, Victor Hedges, Elijah Hedges, Amy Hedges, Maisie Hedges and Lily Hedges.

Thanks
Emma