Author Topic: Need Advice on connecting HEDGES brothers #2  (Read 75836 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Need Advice on connecting HEDGES brothers
« Reply #252 on: Monday 23 March 09 17:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, i found this thread in connection to the Boswell search but only got part way through...too big a read....but a giant wow and hats off to you, Deb for all that searching and to all the others who helped...
Look at all the family ties found and united!
Did you ever make the connection, then? :-\ Can't justify that long a read to see if William & Susanna were the right
parents, etc...

and here's something I found with a few more Hedges/ because you simply haven't enough...( also Cumbers, eastwoods, etc)
Travellers in Kent Baptisms /Marriages and Burials
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gypsy/gypsy.htm

Boswells in : Travellers in NORTHANTS Baptisms 1751-1812
http://www.northants-familytree.net/travellers.htm

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline charmed_one

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: Monday 25 May 09 20:26 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone
Sorry to barge in midway through the thread but it appears I am also related to this line of the Hedges family.  Rose Ann Carter 1873 who married Henry Hedges 1869 are my great great grandparents.  My nan is one of the daughters of Rose Ann Hedges and William Giddins.  I recognise (I think) some of the people on here despite their user names from another site.  Its great to get further information and find out how far the family tree extends.  My nan's decendents live in the North west now and have for many years.  It would be great to hear tales from long ago.

XXXXX

Offline shehen23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: Thursday 25 June 09 00:07 BST (UK) »
I have just discovered this post and find it fascinating.  My grandfather is Joby Hedges and his father is James Hedges (born 1905).  James had Brothers named Joby, Henry, & Jack (John?).  Their father I believe was also called James & married Mathilda Matthews.  Clearly from the family christian names they fit somewhere into the family you have all been researching but can anyone tell me where, please?
Hedges, Collins, Ayres, Lee, Eastwood, Matthews, Finney, Brazil, Beldom, Winter, Gregory, Hughes, Boswell,

Offline raggybag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: Monday 17 August 09 22:42 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am new to this site but wish I had found it 3 yrs ago when I started researching into my hubbys ancestry. His grandfather was Walter hedges son of Jeremiah Hedges. I have filled in soooooooo many gaps with the help of all of you on here. Now I can put Job Hedges' (1821) father as William 1776, I have been stuck on this for 12 months. Does any one know any background on Jeremiah Hedges 1849. My late father in law said that my late mother in law had said that when Jeremiah died people lined the streets and apparently there are newspaper photos of it. My hubbys cousin also confirms this as she has seen the pic herself many yrs ago. Any help you can give will be gratefully received.   :) :) ;)

Since I posted this I have found that I am on the wrong track a bit

Offline Joyce Campbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday 18 August 09 10:20 BST (UK) »
Hello, you haven't given any details of where they were born? Would need a little more information. By the way, do you use Genes
Reunited site? It's also a great help.
Regards Joyce.

Offline raggybag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday 18 August 09 19:57 BST (UK) »
Hi thanks for replying, the details are

Walter Hedges 1886 Upton park essex married Olive Upton born 1891 in 1908 (hubbies grandparents)
Walters father was Jeremiah b 1849 upton park essex wifw Sarah Anne b 1854
Jeremiahs father was Job b 1821 - 1906 in windsor Essex wife Rosa Swann 1819-1886 marr in 1863
Jobs father was William Hedges 1776 in Essex wife Susannah.
I have used Genes Reunited before but I much prefer Ancestry.co.uk.
Would love any info on Jeremiah and would love to be able to go further back than William.
Many thanks

I was on the wrong track here sorry!!! back to the drawing board

Offline karen28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: Sunday 23 August 09 21:13 BST (UK) »
hi
i have some info on Hedges family,

Alfred Hedges married Eliza Scoones and they had a daughter called Florence Ethel Hedges,she was born on 18th August 1882 at The Orchard,Strood in Kent.Alfred was a General labourer.Alfred's parents were William Hedges born approx 1806 and Frances ?born 1812,they married in 1840,I dont know howmany siblings Florence had.
Florence married William Henry Parkinson(formerly Parker)and they married in Portsmouth,they had 4 children,William jr,Eric,Sidney and May.Sidney was my father.

Offline maryhedges

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: Monday 14 September 09 19:17 BST (UK) »
Hi my mother was Mary Hedges before getting married her father wasHenry Hedges married to Mary Cotterell and lived in Sandhurst Berkshire His Father was Alf Hedges married to Matilda Matthews and they had eight children Alf, Jimmy, Mary, Eliza, Jack, Henry, and Joebe I ahve lots of info from this time on but I am looking for info on who Alf Hedges mother and father were I know Alf hedges was from Winchester Hampshire thanks

Offline len_hedges

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: Wednesday 23 December 09 14:13 GMT (UK) »
wow this is a very interesting thread. I dont think i have seen anything like it.  i belive that i am decendant of job hedges.