Author Topic: Bliss/Bless  (Read 8247 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Bliss/Bless
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 January 06 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi again!!!

You are connected to the same Bliss family as Rootschat Member "Dennis the Menace".  I suggest that you send him a Private Message and see whether he would be willing to swap information with you.

To do this you need to click on the little green scroll underneath Dennis' name.  He's offline at the moment so the scroll is a dull green.  If you look at the scroll under my Nan's picture it's bright green, meaning I'm online.

How are you related to this Bliss family?  When I started my family tree I started with myself then worked backwards to my parents, grandparents, great grandparents and so on.......................  For each birth, marriage and death I do try to purchase the relevant certificate (when I can afford to!!).  I suggest that you only use the information from the Family Search/LDS site as a guide, as it has been known to contain a lot of errors.

For me, certificates are the main source of evidence.  Of course, prior to 1837, when civil registration began in England and Wales, there were no certificates so parish registers need to be checked.

Although you are a new member of Rootschat, are you new to family history or have you been researching your family for a number of years?  If you are new to both, then may I suggest that you check out the Beginners Board which contains lots of useful information and links. 

In the meantime, can you tell me exactly what research you have done on your Bliss family?  Birth/Marriage/Death certificates?  Census returns? 

Jan :)

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline lleansidhe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 January 06 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, I've been researching my family tree for around 6-7 years. Sarah Ellen Bliss born 1832, Wales is my Great Great Grandmother. She is on my Great Grandfathers birth certificate. Unfortunately this is the only definite information I have. All other information has been kindly supplied to me by other researchers over the years and my own searches online. including census scans. I'm very aware of unreliable info, I've noticed this myself many times over the years! :)

I've been concentrating on other branches of my tree for a long time and really need to try and clarify some of the Bliss info I have.

Many thanks again!
CRUMP: Shropshire, West Bromwich
BLISS: Wales, Shropshire
MILES: Herefordshire, Birmingham
FRAMPTON: Fordingbridge, Frogham
INGS: Ibsley, Frogham
CLEWER: Bromyard, Birmingham
BAGSHAW: Birmingham
SLADEN: Gloucestershire, Wales
WALTERS/WATERS: Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Birmingham
JOHNSON: Birmingham, Canada
FLETCHER: Birmingham
YELF: Hampshire
FLEMINGTON: Fordingbridge
MASON: Bucknell Shrops
BYTHEWAY: Bucknell
WHITMORE: Herefordshire, Shropshire
POSTON: Church Stretton, Milton

Offline lleansidhe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 08 January 06 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 09 January 06 20:58 GMT (UK) »
Ooops, apologies Mr CE!!!!!!!!!!  I think that's the first time I've done it, so don't be too cross!!

Jan :)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline lleansidhe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Apologies for my breach of copyright!

David Bliss is in the 1851 census living in Shiffnal, Shropshire. Aged 44 born in Llanllwchairn. Not sure if I'm allowed to post this or not!

Offline tombliss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 13 January 06 00:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, the info from the family search site is my tree. I've not got any further back for several years, but feel there must be a connection with David & Pryce Bliss as they both come from Llanllwchairn and they seem to be the only Bliss family in Wales! I'd be very interested to hear if anyone can find a connection between the two and if anyone can shed further light on their ancestry. Thanks!

Hello,

I have quite a lot of information on these families who came out of the Newtown area, I would be willing to exchange information when I know what you are looking for.

Tom