Author Topic: BELGIUM: Twins born to British parents  (Read 4483 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BELGIUM: Twins born to British parents
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 05 September 13 18:05 BST (UK) »
1903 to 1911 didn`t show MMN ?...could Elizabeth  have had children during these 8 years ? I would check 1911 census for confirmation Elizabeth and William had no children .
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 05 September 13 18:17 BST (UK) »
I would check 1911 census for confirmation Elizabeth and William had no children .

I did  ;)
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 05 September 13 18:27 BST (UK) »
lol...sorry Josey - I didn`t realise you had ...well that`s that little hiccup sorted ...
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Richard Shepherd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 28 June 20 21:47 BST (UK) »
Hi All

I am Richard Shepherd, grandson of Grace Rowell.  nee Neal

On revisiting my tree I decided I wanted to clear up why  “Little Grandma” as I knew her, Sarah, was born in Belgium.  This seemed very strange for the time

I googled her and up came your conversation.

I would welcome any info you have on Belgium, as, now my parents are both gone, there is nobody left to ask.

Lorraine, I do not know if you remember me, I think you would have been six or seven last time I saw you..

Not sure how to access your reply, could you email me direct, if allowed, (*)

Thanks

Richard

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 29 June 20 22:13 BST (UK) »
in case the twins’ birth certificates have not yet been found
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:9392-C8S3-RK?i=397&cc=1482191&cat=242771 
cert n° 66 - Elisabeth Wilkins, born Wednesday 11th  January 1882 at 7:00 AM in her parents house impasse Darimont number 18, Molenbeek-Saint-Jean, Brussels-Capital, Belgium
cert n° 67 - Sarah Wilkins, born Wednesday 11th  January 1882 at 7:15 AM in her parents house impasse Darimont number 18,  Molenbeek-Saint-Jean, Brussels-Capital, Belgium
birth registration on 14 January 1882 at 10:00 AM
parents : Guillaume Wilkins, (ajusteur : mechanic fitter ?), born in Leicester, England, 37 years old and Sarah Adams, without profession, born in Leicester, 37 years old, married at Thringston, England
informant : Guillaume Wilkins, father; witnesses : Jean Lefevre, employee, 53 years old and Jean Baptiste Devolder, without profession, 66 years old, all residing at Molenbeek-Saint-Jean
Barnes  -  Bezzell  -  O'Farell  -  Smith - Pluquet
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline Lorraine Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 30 June 20 09:40 BST (UK) »
Hello there Richard, yes I do remember you!  I messaged you on Ancestry some time ago, after I had a DNA test done there, don't know if you still check Ancestry but I've put quite a lot of photos on there in the last couple of months.  As e-mail addresses appear to be blocked here, you could contact me for more information via them.  Can i first say a big thank you to leen for posting the information on the births of Sarah and her twin Elizabeth, this is new information for me and I am very grateful to you for finding it.  I had worked out that they were born in Molenbeek from other family members being there, so I am very pleased to see this confirmed.  William and Sarah Wilkins went to Belgium as William worked for Stablefords Wagon Works in Coalville as an engineer fitter.  Sarah's brother also worked there.  I understand from family stories that they ran a hotel or boarding house while they lived in Belgium.  When my grandad cleared his mother Sarah's house after her death, there were quite a number of books about the Lion's Mound in Brussels, and it was thought they may have lived near there.  One of Sarah's brothers kept a connection with the area, returning to lead tours of the area during the summer months.  Hope this is informative - I've got lots more information on the Wilkins family if you're interested. Best wishes, Lorraine
Neal
Wilkins
Warner
Bird
Concannon
Hickling
Barnes
Hicks
Bennett

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 30 June 20 11:01 BST (UK) »
Richard - when you have made one more post [just reply to this thread] you will be able to exchange personal messages with Lorraine including email address. Click on the text icon under her name & options including PM will appear.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline tedscout

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 01 July 20 01:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone, Especially Cousins Lorraine and Richard,

What amazing wonderful news! I am actually skipping round the room with tears in my eyes. Wow who would have thought we would find their births.

Unfortunately my dad is no longer with us to share this with, but he would be as amazed and thankful as I am.

Thank you so much leen and everyone else who has helped for information and suggestions over the years from me starting this thread. I am a little better now finding information and documents, but no English speaking countries still flummox me .

It was just yesterday when I was starting my Memorial Scrapbook Album for my Mum that I came across a photo graph of Sarah.

Again Thank you everyone, Lorraine and Richard please keep in touch from Cousin Ted in Australia.
Gadsby's, Farmers, Neals - Leicestershire
Freemans, Littles, Corbetts, Branns - Australia

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lorraine Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 01 July 20 12:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Ted, good to hear from you again.  I too was ridiculously pleased to see this record, I never would have found it myself and really appreciate how helpful people are.  Hope you are all OK and staying safe.  I am enjoying spending too much time doing family history at the moment, and have put lots of photos on Ancestry recently.  Just goes to show there is still new information for us to find, and new stories to hear!  Been to Swannington this morning to deliver some shopping to my mum and we had a drive around Coleorton and I wondered, as I always do, if George Neal walked along those same lanes.  I'm sure he must have done, and they really haven't changed very much.  Best wishes to all of you - Lorraine xx
Neal
Wilkins
Warner
Bird
Concannon
Hickling
Barnes
Hicks
Bennett