Author Topic: machynlleth - Milliners  (Read 2342 times)

Offline janet bird

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
machynlleth - Milliners
« on: Friday 18 March 05 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just found out that my grandmother (nickname Dodi) Mary Blodwen Wilkins (nee George) worked as a Milliner in Machnynlleth she was born in 1891 and died in 1939 Does anyone know where the Milliners was or how I can find out.  The George family came from Llanidloes.  Also does anyone know of a family with the surname Norris residing in the area around this timescale.

Kind Regards

Janet

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: machynlleth - Milliners
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 December 05 15:01 GMT (UK) »
You may find this interesting: http://history.powys.org.uk/school1/machynlleth/worrall5.shtml

From Free BMD there is the following birth:

Births June 1891
Mary Blodwen George
Registration District: Newtown
Volume: 11b  Page 171

If you haven't already done so, you can use the above reference to obtain Mary's birth certificate.

Are you trying to find the Norris family around 1891? in Llanidoes or Machynlleth?  I suggest that you post separate requests in the relevent County Look up Request Board.

Hope this helps.

Jan

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.