Author Topic: Roberts family of Maesgwyn Coleshill *COMPLETED*  (Read 1703 times)

Offline FlowerBD20

• I am sorry but I have turned off email notifications
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Roberts family of Maesgwyn Coleshill *COMPLETED*
« on: Thursday 18 February 10 18:26 GMT (UK) »
I may be descended from the Roberts family of Maesgwyn but there are some dead ends to my research. Elizabeth Roberts, on her marriage to John Edwards in Halkyn(1821), is said to be the daughter of Robert Roberts and Mary Bulkeley. The only baptism I can find has the mother as just Mary. Is this the same couple as Robert (d 15 May 1817 age 52) and Mary Roberts(d22 Jan 1836 age 68) of Maesgwyn buried in Halkyn old churchyard? Can anyone suggest a way of finding out what the relationship is between them and Robert Roberts and Margaret Bulkeley who are the parents on several baptisms in Halkyn, none of which seem to match up with the MIs. Thanks

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Roberts family of Maesgwyn Coleshill
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 February 10 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi

With a surname like Roberts in Wales you would need to include dates for all the events you have listed 

You can edit your post to include that info by clicking on the MODIFY button to the right of your original message
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline FlowerBD20

• I am sorry but I have turned off email notifications
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Roberts family of Maesgwyn Coleshill *COMPLETED*
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 October 10 09:55 BST (UK) »
A very big thankyou to all who tried to help with this one. It turns out I was barking up the wrong tree after all! Flower