Author Topic: Lenham Parish Register Lookup - HARRISSON  (Read 32933 times)

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lenham Parish Register Lookup - HARRISSON
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 21 February 10 13:41 GMT (UK) »
There also some Ottaway/Ottway wills including one for Simon died 1702 Godmersham.  Again it should mention all their survivng children including, hopefully, Frances.

http://www.kentarchaeology.ac/ekwills_a/series/ekp_p2/ekp_p2n_n.htm
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 21 February 10 13:49 GMT (UK) »
The Kent Archaeological Society's monumental inscriptions says Simon & Frances had one son and four daughters.  Sadly they are not named.

http://www.kentarchaeology.org.uk/Research/Libr/MIs/MIsGodmersham/01.htm

Frances was the daughter of Robert CUTTS of Fulham.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 21 February 10 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello All,

Thanks so much for the extra information on the Harrisson's and Ottway's  ;D

Interestingly the MI for George and Frances lists the living children:

157. George HARRISSON of this parish, yeoman, 1st November 1719 aged 62. Frances his wife, 20th December 1724 aged 51. Left issue six sons and two daughters: George, John, William, Ottaway, Peter and James, Elizabeth and Frances.

There is no William in the baptismal records I see and the order that the sons are named in puts William where Thomas should be  :-\  Do you think they meant Thomas, or perhaps Thomas was Thomas William? Otherwise all fit perfectly!

Bearkat, thanks for the will links, I think I will have to get onto them for some copies, hopefully they will provide the links I need to gel this family together!!

So exciting  ;D

I had no idea that I would be able to get so many generations so well recorded! I am off to work now, but when I get home tonight I will have a good look at the info, and no doubt will have more questions  ;)

Thanks again to both of you

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 21 February 10 21:43 GMT (UK) »
If it does all link to Robert CUTTS of Fulham there's a will for him too on the National Archives documentsonline website.

But best to take it one step at a time.
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 22 February 10 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Ok, back from work  ;)

Have had a bit of a read through the fabulous information you have both given me!

I have e-mailed the Centre for Kentish Studies about the will for Frances Harrisson of Charing (d. 1724) in the hope that it may provide me with a firmer link to this lovely family! I agree Bearkat..one step at a time  ;D

If that shows Thomas as her son, then I think I will apply for the will of Simon Otway and if that mentions Frances then.....so on to Robert Cutts of Fulham.

It is very exciting all the same to have this sort of brilliant break through!! Fingers crossed hey  ;)

That leaves me with a few unanswered questions, which I am hoping you can check for me Lis, you have been a gem finding my ancestors so far!

Is there a marriage for Thomas Harrisson (b. 1708/09) and Anne in the surrounding parishes? I know you have checked Charing already, but I was hoping they married in Anne's home parish. I am thinking that her maiden name may be Winder (as the 5th child is called so), what do you think?

Is there a burial for Thomas and Anne Harrisson's first daughter Mary (b. 1744/45 Charing) in Charing as I notice she is not mentioned on their gravestone and there is a second daughter named Mary later on.

I am guessing that there is no baptism for George Harrisson (b. abt 1657) in either Charing or Godmersham, or Lenham for that matter......that is kind of a hopeful one  ;)

And my last question (I promise!) is that the list of baptisms you gave me for George Harrisson and Frances Ottway have a few extra children that do not appear of the gravestone, so I am guessing that they died in their youth....is it possible to check the Charing or Godmersham burials for Simon Harrisson (b. 1699), Sarah Harrisson (b. 1704) and the first Frances Harrisson (b. 1706)?

Thank you soooooo much!! I wish I could pour over the parish records myself  ;D

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline BettyofKent

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 22 February 10 11:51 GMT (UK) »
There are two WINDER/HARRIS(S)ON marriages in Lenham:

1787 25th Jun By Licence
John WINDER otp
Mary HARRISSON otp
Witnesses: Thos HARRISSON, Wm TYLER

1810 2nd Aug By Licence
John Crispe WINDER otp
Frances HARRISON otp
Witnesses: Thos HARRISSON, Elizabeth HARRISON

They might fit in somewhere ;D  at least it shows a connection between the two families.

Betty

Is there a marriage for Thomas Harrisson (b. 1708/09) and Anne in the surrounding parishes? I know you have checked Charing already, but I was hoping they married in Anne's home parish. I am thinking that her maiden name may be Winder (as the 5th child is called so), what do you think?

Jenny
KENT:
Stutely - Wittersham & Stone
Padgham - Wittersham
Wanstall - Northbourne
Taylor - Ringwould & Ash
Skinner - Deal
Bushell - Walmer
Spain - Walmer
Also
Schloss - Poland, Nottingham, Massachusetts & New Zealand.
Cohen - Birmingham

"Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov."

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 22 February 10 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Betty,

Yeah they certainly do fit in, Mary Harrisson who married John Winder is (I believe) my Anne Harrisson's younger sister, she is mentioned in her brother Thomas Harrisson's will in 1827 as Mrs Mary Winder.

The other marriage is actually her son's marriage, I am not sure where the Frances Harrisson fits into the tree but I think that she is related, probably his cousin or second cousin.

I have also found two people named Winder Harrisson, so definitely a connection between the families :)

So Thomas Harrisson and Anne (possibly Winder) are not married in Lenham then? Perhaps they will show up in another parish...

Jenny

Offline BettyofKent

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 22 February 10 13:10 GMT (UK) »
I've looked for WINDER in my records to see if there's one for an Anne to a Thomas HARRISON, no luck, but I'll check again using HARRISON, in case Anne wasn't a WINDER.
My searches threw up these three, one with the CRISPE/WINDER connection:
A boy, John, was baptised in Lenham, son  of John Crispe & Frances Winder CRISPE.
Burial in Lenham of Winder HARRISSON age 96.
Burial in Lenham of Winder Harrison CRUTTENDEN age 23
I don't suppose you need yet another surname ;D

Betty
KENT:
Stutely - Wittersham & Stone
Padgham - Wittersham
Wanstall - Northbourne
Taylor - Ringwould & Ash
Skinner - Deal
Bushell - Walmer
Spain - Walmer
Also
Schloss - Poland, Nottingham, Massachusetts & New Zealand.
Cohen - Birmingham

"Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov."

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 22 February 10 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Hey Betty,

How interesting!!

I had seen a will for a Winder Harrisson dated 1850, and I had thought...no it can't be my Winder Harrisson who was born in 1754...but now that you say a burial in Lenham for Winder Harrisson aged 96yrs!!! I am wondering if this is him  ;)

Do you have the details for the burail?

Also when I was reading Thomas Harrisson's will (dated 1827) his housekeeper was a Mrs Cruttenden!! I wonder if she named her family after the Harrisson's or whether there is a connection there too! The same names keep popping up. Do you have the dates for Winder Harrison Cruttenden's burial?

I will keep them aside  ;D

Jenny