Author Topic: Menzies galashiels  (Read 2456 times)

Offline lynnf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Menzies galashiels
« on: Friday 19 February 10 13:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi not sure where to put this post, but im looking for a birth for James Grieve Menzies around 1911 in galashiels thats all i have at the moment  can any one help

thanks Lynn
rostron, entwistle, holden,marvel, mason,ricks,hough,clare,flude,Sellwood,Harrison.

Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Menzies galashiels
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 February 10 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynn,

Galashiels is in Selkirkshire, so there's a possibility your post will be moved over to that board.

On SP, there is a record of birth for James Grieve MENZIES, 1910, Galashiels. It's just a bit beyond what you're allowed to view online so the certificate would need to be ordered to get his parents' names, etc.

However, could this be his mum and dad just going by the names?

Robert McPherson MENZIES and Jane Watson GRIEVE, married 1902 in Galashiels

hume :)

Offline lynnf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 February 10 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hume

Thankyou very much.  It could be them im not sure. James married in Berwick to Susannah Wright. Ive not searched for any one in scotland till now so not sure where to look, are there any census on line for 1911 to search he may be with his parents do u think ?

Lynn

rostron, entwistle, holden,marvel, mason,ricks,hough,clare,flude,Sellwood,Harrison.

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 February 10 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynn,

Scottish research is not difficult. In fact, you get a lot more "facts" (hopefully ;D) on certificates than you would on English & Welsh ones.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,24468.0.html This is a great thread to start you off with your research. It explains all on what's available and where to look for information.

Unlike the English & Welsh 1911 census, the Scottish 1911 census is not due to be released until Spring 2011. :'(

hume :)

Offline lynnf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 20 February 10 15:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again i will look at your link and i think i will get the birth certificate as well

Lynn :)