Author Topic: farrelly, cavan  (Read 10607 times)

Offline silkworth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
farrelly, cavan
« on: Sunday 21 February 10 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone, im looking for help, im trying to trace farrelly in cavan, my father was john farrelly, cootehill, born 1922, his father was thomas, cavan, thomas left the family, wife mary ann, kids john & phylis in 1925,not sure where he went from there, thomas had a brother patrick, sister delia,  their parents were james & mary, james died in 1947, mary in 1953, thomas in 1967,patrick maybe 1970, mary & james married in 1896, thomas born 1898, they all seemed to live in owen roe terrace, cavan, i think delia died before 1947, any help would be great.  berni farrelly

Offline dblucas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: farrelly, cavan
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 February 10 01:51 GMT (UK) »
They were many Farrellys in County Cavan. I am looking for a Bridget Farrelly daughter of Thomas. In that time period there were 2 Thomas each with a Bridget. There are Farrellys that married into Fleming and Hetherton lineage in the Knocktemple Virginia County Cavan area.

What townland are yours from?

Offline dblucas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 February 10 01:52 GMT (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

Offline dblucas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 24 February 10 01:56 GMT (UK) »
This is from 1840 - 1870 (Thomas Farrelly)

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Offline silkworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 02 April 10 06:02 BST (UK) »
They were many Farrellys in County Cavan. I am looking for a Bridget Farrelly daughter of Thomas. In that time period there were 2 Thomas each with a Bridget. There are Farrellys that married into Fleming and Hetherton lineage in the Knocktemple Virginia County Cavan area.

What townland are yours from?
     Hi dblucas, im not sure of the township,all i know is they all seemed to live in owen roe terrace,in cavan, this would be from say 1920s to 1970, james farrelly was born in 1873, thomas his son 1898, thomas had a brother patrick,also a sister that i think was called delia, james died in 1947, his son thomas known as tommy died in march 1967, the mother mary in 1953, they are all burried in cullies cemetery but cant seem to find much information about cullies anyware,

Offline Elderman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 25 January 12 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi There.  I've only just came across this query.  I lived in Owen Roe Tce, Cavan from 1936 to 1955,  There was a family of Farrellys at No 12 in my time.  I remember James (Jemmy) as an old man, an ex WW1 Soldier I think. We called his wife Nannie Farrelly. I remember that one of their sons was called Tommy.  He would have been around my father's age. There was a family called Smiths living with them, I think their father Joe Smith, was married to Farrelly's daughter. I only ever remember Joe as a widower, so I'd imagine that he had been married to Delia.  Actually one of his grand daughters was also called Delia. As far as I know one of Joe's daughters still lives at No 12. She's be in her late seventies now, and must be the longest living resident in the street, which incidentally is 100 years old in May 2012.

Offline silkworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 26 January 12 06:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Elderman, thanks very much for your reply,ive been trying to trace this connection for years,i have a few cousins living in cootehill so i have been over a few times,i do know that james & tommy are in cullies cemetery,tommys daughter, my aunty is still alive & living in manchester, her brother my father was tommys son,she remembers visiting james & his wife in owen roe terrace when she was a little girl,so you say there is a connection still living in 12 owen roe a mrs smith,i wonder if she would have any old pictures, that would be amazing,i live in jersey ci, i might come over later in the year,& have a look around cullies, once again thankyou very very much for your reply.  Bernie Farrelly

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 26 January 12 10:08 GMT (UK) »
It's lovely when people find connections on Rootschat but please remember not to post details on living people- you can use PM (Personal Message) for this.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Elderman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 26 January 12 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Berni - Delighted to see that my info is of some use to you.  I visited an aquaintance who lived at No 11 Owen Roe Tce in August 2011 and took the enclosed photos of the street. It is quite a nice street, much improved since I lived there in the fifties. The street consisted of twenty houses until the early fifties when the council built on four more modern houses.  My family moved from No 8 to one of the new houses No 22.  We left to live in London in 1956. Your cousin was still alive and living in No 12 in Aug last year although I didn't meet her. I believe that the residents are trying to organise a celebration of the street's 100 birthday in May.  I'll keep you posted on that if you wish.
Regards
Elderman) Kevin