Author Topic: Cheltenham Post Office or Kellys Directory late 1920s  (Read 1372 times)

Offline clovis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cheltenham Post Office or Kellys Directory late 1920s
« on: Monday 22 February 10 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Mary Annora Schofield was my great grandmother.  In 1915 she is in Bath but then I lose sight of her in the records.  The family story is that by the late 1920s she was employed as a nurse in Cheltenham as we think that my grandmother, who had been given up for adoption, went there in 1930 to see her.

If anyone has a Post Office or Kellys directory for Cheltenham for the late 1920s or early 30s, or even access to electoral registers around that time,  I would be really grateful if they could see if they could find her.   

Offline Gurslad

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Cheltenham Post Office or Kellys Directory late 1920s
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 May 10 22:39 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Do  you know her Birth & Death date?. There is a Mary Schofield who died Bath 1962 aged 91. Maybe you know this but just in case.
Jim
Cheltenham
Wiltshire - Middleton - Pounds - Watts etc
Berkshire - Yates-Tame
Staffordshire- Yates
Gloucestershire - White-Holtham-Jones-Morse
London Area- Whitney

Offline clovis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cheltenham Post Office or Kellys Directory late 1920s
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 June 10 08:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the response.  I may give it a go and order the death certificate as after going through all the deaths of Mary Schofield (!), there are no perfect matches which could of course mean she married in old age or emigrated but family rumours do suggest that she was still called Schofield in 1930.  The age isn't quite right as Mary Annora was born in 1875, but could have been a mistake by the person registering the death but she does seem to have spent some time in the Bath area.