Author Topic: Almond family S America  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Historycat

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Almond family S America
« on: Tuesday 23 February 10 16:05 GMT (UK) »
In the course of my research I have found that one of my Almond family (Harry John, born 1850) went out to Columbia where he married and had 3 children.
He died in 1909 on board ship home and his wife died in 1943 in Bristol where she had settled with her family following his death.
Of his 3 children one married and ended up in Australia via Malaysia.
Of the other 2 I know very little, and would like some help!
They are: Charles Stuart Almond born 1888 Cathagena Columbia, died 1946 in Lima Peru.  The informant of his death was his son W Almond.  I can find no trace of a marriage for Charles nor birth of W Almond in the overseas indexes.
Marjorie Maguire Almond born 1892 Cathagena, apart from her birth  I can find nothing.  I cannot find any evidence from ships manifests that she ever returned to England.  She is not on the 1911 census with her mother and sister (who ended up in Australia).
I have the birth certificates of the children, the death certificates of Harry and his wife and also for Charles, and the marriage certificate for Doris (Australia) I have copies of ships manifests from ancestry and Findmypast that I can confirm are them.
Any assitance would be gratefully received!
Malim (any) Wilde, Mase/Mace Bagshaw (Norwich/Norfolk), Almond (London, Staffs, S America, Thanet) Hart, Sharp/e Lincs, Smith (London) Ware (London) Blower (Hants Essex) Webb, Holmes (Suffolk Essex) Warcup (London, W Indies) Hallam (Leics) Johnson and Noon Derbyshire

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Almond family S America
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 March 10 17:02 GMT (UK) »
There is a public tree on Ancestry that has a Charles Almond, son of Harry John, marrying Carmen Ruiz from Ecuador and having a son in Peru:  Edwar Almond born 22 March 1929, died 3 May1999. There are living descendants.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 March 10 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Not quite the right time period but there is a consular birth at Paita (Peru) in 1931-35 for an Edward C Almond  (Vol 28 Page484 )
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Historycat

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 March 10 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for that, I have sent the tree owner a message.  I am ordering some certificates this week so will include that one as well!
Malim (any) Wilde, Mase/Mace Bagshaw (Norwich/Norfolk), Almond (London, Staffs, S America, Thanet) Hart, Sharp/e Lincs, Smith (London) Ware (London) Blower (Hants Essex) Webb, Holmes (Suffolk Essex) Warcup (London, W Indies) Hallam (Leics) Johnson and Noon Derbyshire

Offline yayial

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 29 June 12 03:07 BST (UK) »
Hi
That's the story of my family. I am the granddaughter of Charles Almond Ruiz and I live in Peru.
It is the story I was told, but there are some data that I read there, did not know.
Please Historycat and ShaunJ may contact me.
I went to google by accident and I found this, I was surprised because it is the story of my grandfather and my great-grandmother Carmen Ruiz of Ecuador.
Some of you are familiar with Almond?

Offline yayial

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 29 June 12 03:08 BST (UK) »
Hi
That's the story of my family. I am the granddaughter of Charles Almond Ruiz and I live in Peru.
It is the story I was told, but there are some data that I read there, did not know.
Please Historycat and ShaunJ may contact me.
I went to google by accident and I found this, I was surprised because it is the story of my grandfather and my great-grandmother Carmen Ruiz of Ecuador.
Some of you are familiar with Almond?

Offline Hayley Gallon

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 17:59 BST (UK) »
Hiya, my names Hayley. Ernest Sidney Howes from Bristol was my great great grandfather. His sister was Lucy Howes who married into the Almond family who travelled to South America. I am most likely a distant cousin to you.

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 10 April 20 13:32 BST (UK) »
I very much doubt there's a place called Cathagena.
The normal spelling (in Spain and several former colonies) is Cartagena.
There's a Carthagena in Ohio, but you know what those North Americans are.
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds