Author Topic: The Menzies Family of Buckie  (Read 2033 times)

Offline benica

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Menzies Family of Buckie
« on: Tuesday 23 February 10 22:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello can someone help me please? I am researching my family who used to live at 13 Garden Lane, Buckie.  This was my grandmothers family home untill she emigrated in the late 20's.  I would love to hear any information that anyone can give me on the Menzies Family.  I have a small amount of information but would love to hear some family stories of them if anyone has any thanks. Benica

Offline bunny21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Menzies Family of Buckie
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 11:31 BST (UK) »
hi iam also a menzies from glasgow i have tried to find any relatives in glasgowbut no luck my grandfather was james menzies hehad seven children his wife was louisa nee parish sons names james david alexander charles one son i have no name also two daughters margaret and louisa ido not know if this is any help i had to try   bunny21

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: The Menzies Family of Buckie
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 October 10 17:50 BST (UK) »
LIBINDX at http://libindx.moray.gov.uk/mainmenu.asp might be worth a look.

Also, if you go to www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk and invest in a few credits you should be able to find your grandmother's birth certificate and/or her family in the 1901 census.

Bunny21, you'd probably be better posting your query on the Lanark forum, rather than Banffshire.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.