Author Topic: 1911 census - missing pages?  (Read 12613 times)

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 census - missing pages?
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 February 10 17:25 GMT (UK) »
So do I. I double and triple check every detail.

I'm doing my son-in-laws tree and there are two Fred's born in different registration districts but as I know the area well they're not far from the home address.  One mother walked one way and the other the other way.

Both children were born within 12 months of each other to two brothers. I'm just waiting for his marriage certificate to arrive to see which one it is. I know the tree will be the same a generation back but I need to know who his father married to trace that line.

Margaret

Offline nataliemac1981

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 07 March 14 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am writing this on behalf of my Nan we have been searching for details for the same man Frederick Munt who was married to my Nans Gran , Annetta Munt. 

I came across this post and website through google so this is all new to us. As this post is from so long ago I'm hoping the lady who posted this is still on this site?

My nan has travelled to the place where her Gran and Grandad were married only very recently and would love any details about him that anyone has. She also has information that could help.

Hopefully hear soon

Natalie

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 08 March 14 10:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Natalie and welcome to Rootschat.

Margaret was last on here about a month ago, so I've sent her a PM (Personal Message) to let her know you've put a message on here.  Hopefully, she'll be back soon.

Lizzie

Offline nataliemac1981

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 08 March 14 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lizzie

Thank you so much I will keep checking back. Fingers crossed

Natalie

Offline thebounder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 09 March 14 18:32 GMT (UK) »
There are records that are missing on the Ancestry 1911 Census, I found some missing for Wandsworth.

For example, Piece 2149, RD 26, SD 1, ED 6, Schedule 376, Registration District Wandsworth, will find a record for a property in Knowsley Road, Battersea in FindMyPast.  In Ancestry there is no record. 

This is not an isolated incident.  I have a lot of relatives who lived in the surrounding area, and while they are all on FindMyPast, none of them is on Ancestry.

It does not appear to be a transcription error, rather that there are several areas that are just missing.

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 10 March 14 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Natalie

I'm sure we are looking for the same person it would be nice to know a little more about him. I'll PM you with my email address and we can exchange information.

Margaret

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 10 March 14 10:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bounder

I've got a few examples of people missing off the 1911 and also where the name has been spelt incorrectly and then transposed to another name so they become 'lost'.

Margaret

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 10 March 14 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Margaret - I think Natalie will have to make another post on here before she can access your PM, but not sure.

Natalie - If you can't access Margaret's pm, then just make another post on here, even one that just says "Hello" will do.

Lizzie