Author Topic: John Campbell and Temperance Perkins  (Read 21012 times)

Offline Neb1975

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Campbell and Temperance Perkins
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 23 July 20 10:24 BST (UK) »
The only information that I have is that John Tinker Campbell sold Westbrook pastoral run to John Stevens. It would appear that John didn’t have this for long as the property changed hands a few times from around 1843.

Offline Neb1975

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 30 January 23 01:50 GMT (UK) »
Just following up on this old post and re-reading some of the unanswered questions.
Neb1975 & Yarramunda
For John Stevens, it appears that this would be John Tinker Campbell's brother in law; brother to Temperance.  After purchasing Westbrook from his brother in law, there appears to be a few business ventures around Ipswich (Limestone) and Redbank Plains that John Stevens was involved in.

As well, it appears that John was successful in sugar cane farming.  You may need to google Ageston Plantation, Logan River, Brisbane.  It appears that in later years Tinker set up a saltworks, sugar cane and other farming exploits on Macleay Island, Moreton Bay.  Ageston Plantation is at the mouth of the Logan River, not too distant from the island so it would be reasonable to believe that they could have been working together (or at least closely). 

There are some records for John who may have had the middle name Perkins.

Neale1961
Not too sure about any information on Jane Elizabeth Campbell, aka Jane Elizabeth Kellett, b. 1832-1835?) What was the connection to the Campbell or Stevens family?

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 31 January 23 09:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neb1975,
In response to your PM. I don’t have any information about John Stevens. If you are looking for information about John “Tinker” Campbell, I would recommend the sources I have posted in reply #34.

At the time I dropped into this thread some 6 - 7 years ago, I was researching the various Campbell men who were involved with the early pastoral runs on the Darling Downs. I am now fairly sure that Jane Elizabeth Campbell was not related to John Tinker Campbell.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)