Author Topic: Sweny of Dublin  (Read 62423 times)

Offline Lanceman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sweny of Dublin
« Reply #144 on: Sunday 26 May 19 00:09 BST (UK) »
Hello All,

Newbie here. Thanks for all your hard work detailing the history of the Sweny's of Dublin.

Cheers,

Lance (Aussie descendant of the Sweny/Yeates/Cooke line)

Offline Joann E

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Monday 24 May 21 19:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Egars and other relatives,

Dr. Mark Sweny’s daughter Lydia was my great-grandmother. Her son Stanley George Egar was my grandfather, and his son, Stanley Ernest Egar, was my father.

Lydia and her husband John Egar are buried in the plot that Lydia bought in Mount Royal Cemetery, Montreal. Also there are my grandparents, Stanley George Egar and his wife Beatrice Mercer; and other of John and Lydia’s son’s, Ernest Egar, his wife Elsie Callard and their daughter Verna; and my parents Stanley Ernest Egar and Shirley Loreen Lemon.

My brother John Egar and I are the only two remaining Egars that I know of. As far as we know, Lydia Sweny and John Egar had ten children. At least one or two died very young, but we never knew any except my grandfather’s brother, Ernest Egar.

I’m hoping there are other Egars out there somewhere. I’d love to hear about you.

Offline Lanceman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: Sunday 20 November 22 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Joanne, I think all the Sweny's here have gone to the great Irish heaven and few responses will come.