Author Topic: Herbert THOMAS  (Read 7162 times)

Offline 1973GT6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Herbert THOMAS
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 March 10 00:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cando and Sue,

Thanks for all your help, yes! I know what you mean about with no relations in NSW the person giving the information is not always correct. The death in 1958 does sound like it is Herbert, my Grandma died in 1955 and the only other close member of the family still alive was my Aunt Evelyn at that time,  but I do not know if she kept in touch with her brother. Like Herbert she too had no children. The family just said he went to live in Australia.

If I obtained a transcription certificate of the date you gave will it give Teresa as his wife to prove it is him?

Regards
Carole
Wright-Aberfoyle- Port of Menteith, Cartmill - Co Armagh Ireland, Woolley -Leicestershire, Familton- Edinburgh, Lindsay- Donegal- Paisley Scotland, Hall- Sheffield, Bell- Gillingham Dorset, Butler- Berkshire, Beaumont- Whittington, Wraine- Croft Dalton, Metcalfe- Yorkshire, Oldman- Melton Mowbray Lei, Hamilton- Raskelf York, Thomas, Ovendon Yorkshire, Lacey - Melton Mowbray Lei, McKittrick- Co Armagh Ire, Cameron- Aberfoyle Scot, Ferguson- Port of Mentieth Scot, Kettle- Dorset, Fohstrom- Helsink

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Herbert THOMAS
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 March 10 00:55 GMT (UK) »
Carole the information on NSW certificates on this link and of course it always depends on the knowledge of the informant.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/084o/

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk