Author Topic: Harpur Wexford Town  (Read 33173 times)

Offline rattler

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Harpur Wexford Town
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 24 June 12 17:01 BST (UK) »
I bought Vol 11 on my visit and have since bought Vol 1.  The Johnnie in the photo was Grandad and Dad said his Mum always called him that.  Jack O'Leary did send another photo of the  Pilot boat but just about the start of WW11.  I am almost sure Dad was on it but it was a little blurred.  Not sure which book Jack got the photo from. 
Wexford Town..
Harpur. O'Rourke. Foley. Walsh. Furlong.

Offline MARYDALTONTHEW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 24 August 13 21:35 BST (UK) »
Dear Shorts, My Grandfather was William Dalton son of John Dalton at the same address as yours. Until today when I found roots chat all I knew was that he had one brother named Thomas who went to Brooklyn ,New York and that he had other brothers and sisters. Please get in touch asap. I am so pleased to have gleaned this information from this side of my family. He married an Elizabeth Gray in India and my Mother , Margaret was his eldest daughter and my Aunt Frances was her younger sister. My Mother married a John Thew and they had 6 children , John Patrick William , Francis Dominic, Robert George Michael, Mary Margaret Elizabeth(me) , Anthony Gerald and Sarah-Jane Catherine. Look forward to hearing from you.

Offline shorts

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 25 August 13 09:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary

Great to hear from you. I have plenty of info to share with you. However as this thread is on the topic of the Harpur family it'll be best if we continue our exchanges using the personal message system. n.b. You need to make 3 posts before being able to use it. 

(I have photgraphs of some of William's brothers & sisters as well as various certificates that I can e-mail you if you wish)

Steve
Dalton: Wexford Town/Ireland
Curran: Ballyvaloo/Blackwater/Co Wexford/Ireland
Clowery/Farrell: Wexford Town/Ireland
Flood: Enniscorthy & Wexford/Ireland
Ormand/Kirwan: Blackwater/Co Wexford/Ireland
Shortman: Bristol/Westbury-on-Trym/Manchester
Trull: Uley/Dursley/Glos
Cross: Dursley/Glos
Hazard: Bristol/Manchester

Offline MARYDALTONTHEW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 25 August 13 13:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Steve, Wonderful to hear from you and what news you have too. As I only joined last this site yesterday I am still finding my way round. I am assuming that this counts as a second post? so just one to go before I can reply using the private message system. Thank you once again. Mary.

Offline Alan Byrne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 13 July 20 23:30 BST (UK) »
Hello Canberragirl. I am only seeing this post now. can you get in touch. Re harpur wade delaney wexford town. contact me on (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.