Author Topic: Help needed with legal records for Wellingborough  (Read 2965 times)

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Help needed with legal records for Wellingborough
« on: Sunday 20 March 05 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi I wondered if anyone could help me, I've found a synopsis of an article from the Mercury Newspaper from 1844.

The article says something along the lines of........

Mary Ann Weed charged Nathaniel Labram to be the father of her illitigimate child, apparently the only evidence to prove this was the fact that sometimes Mr Labram 'dangled the child on his knee' and Mary Ann Weed stated that he 'looked just like his daddy' 
The charge was confirmed but the defendent appealed. 

I have a Mary Ann Weed in my family tree, she was born in 1816.  she married Thomas Weed (b 1819) and as far as I know they had 8 children between 1839 and 1858.

Could there be a link between this Mary Ann and mine??  Does anyone else know how I can prove or disprove a link?

Thank you in anticipation

Legs
xxxx                   
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline Reckless-rat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed with legal records for Wellingborough
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 January 18 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi
A few years on from your post so may not now be of any help.
I have the same information in my family tree, but also that Nathaniel Labram (a carpenter from Earls Barton) actually married Mary Ann Weed later in the year of 1844. Presumably this was the more honourable and cost effective action at that time. They went on to have a total of 8 children. The first two baptised in Blissworth, Northants and the rest In Oldham Lancashire.
This would suggest that your Mary Ann Weed is another person. Interestingly you appear to be researching the name Hollowell which is connected to the Labrum family side in Northamptonshire.
Abbiss, Coomber, Labrum, Labram, Richardson, Minard, Mynard